𝟏𝟔

A/N: Couldn't find a fine enough nigga, y'all just imagine him as you want.

NEHEMIAH KENSINGTON
——

Nehemiah sat at the end of his bed looking through the window at the view. It was pretty nice and everything was cool and all but he really came just to bring Maya. He's traveled a lot but was tired of doing it all by himself.

At first, Neem was afraid Maya would say no, especially since he did plan that whole little date thing just to ask her but at the end of the day, he knew he'd offer her anything just to spend time with him.

Except himself, but that wasn't a concern of his because he already saw how standoffish Maya was with him anyway and that's what he most liked about her.

She wasn't worried too much about him personally, and that made him most comfortable since he never had to explain much. He wasn't looking for a girlfriend or a friend, just someone to spend time with when he felt all lonely doing nothing up in his apartment.

But what irritated him the most about her was how curious she was about why he was doing what he was doing for her. He enjoyed buying her things and growing up with no siblings and only female cousins, he was taught that money is what made girls happy, so he was confused why Maya was acting this way.

If money didn't make her happy, what did?

His cousins started making money hustling doing whatever from 13 and by the time they hit eighteen, prostituting was their main hustle. When they turned nineteen though, they went missing.

He never found out where they went or what happened to them but prostituting was a pretty dangerous lifestyle so it didn't take a lot of thinking to determine where they probably were which was either dead, kidnapped, or in jail. It wasn't like them to just cut family off like that anyway. But, of course, he didn't know for sure.

Growing up he felt useless talking to girls but having nothing to offer them. He didn't understand why they were giving themselves up so easily and for free? Just didn't sit right with him.

And even though it is easier for him to keep all this money for himself and fuck girls for free it went against how he grew up and only made him feel like he was taking advantage of them.

Friends were something Neem never really had, he wanted specific friends like him that he never found. He wanted people to relate to, not just people to be around.

When he was in school he had school friends but not real people he could be himself around, so he never learned how to be himself or open up and he hated that about himself, but that was just how he believed things were meant to be.

He stood up deciding to go talk to Maya since he was getting bored and lonely, and he didn't like where his head went when he got lonely.

He knocked on her door three times folding his arms.

"What?"

"Open the door"

"I'm putting on lotion. Wait, let me get dressed." He sighed forgetting she did say she was taking a bath literally the minute she saw she had a jacuzzi.