𝟏𝟖

𝐌𝐀𝐘𝐀 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐑𝐄

𝐌𝐀𝐘𝐀 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐑𝐄

"I should've just told this nigga I had a boyfriend," Maya said to herself. She had no one else to talk to right now.

"I can't lie to him, he too fine," She ran her straightener through her hair with a sigh.

They had plans today, but she didn't know what yet.

In all honesty, she didn't feel like doing anything today because of how weird things have been with everyone. Deijah was mad at her for not asking this man for all the money he's got, Ka'mari and Makari hadn't spoken to her since she left, and Neem was speaking to her even less now.

She came to the conclusion that if they didn't get closer by the time they got back home, she'd have to drop him.

The money was cool, but she realized a lot of her energy was unintentionally being spent on him whether she wanted it to or not. It wasn't just about money anymore.

She stepped out of the bathroom and went to the main living area sitting on the couch. She hasn't seen Nehemiah since this morning when he told her to get ready

"Why you look mad?" Maya turned around to see Neem standing in the hallway.

"I'm not mad, I'm ready to go." He gave her a concerned look before his face went back to how it usually was. She could never really read it right, but in her head she labeled it as emotionless.

"You're not mad at me though, right?" Maya sighed unfolding her arms.

"No Neem, I'm not mad at you." She was partially being honest. Everyone was pretty much getting on her nerves right about now.

Neem was just the most confusing one. She didn't know what to do about him.

"Okay," She could hear him exhale a sigh of relief from behind her.

He grabbed her hand helping her up like he always did and walked each other out the front door.

"How did you sleep?" Neem said, obviously trying to break their awkward silence on their way out to the car, he didn't know what else to say, and neither did she.

"Good, could have been better" Neem looked at her, he knew she was trying to get under his skin, but he didn't know why.

"I don't know I just miss being home."

"You wanna go back home? We ain't even been here two days."