𝟔

𝐌𝐀𝐘𝐀 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐑𝐄

𝐌𝐀𝐘𝐀 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐑𝐄

It's been a few days, it was now Tuesday. Maya took off from work today, she wasn't feeling it and wanted to sleep in.

Maya hasn't spoken to Neem since their little restaurant night out. She chose not to call or text him because after thinking it over in her head, she still wasn't ready to be talking to guys yet. She remembered how much energy it took out of her the last time.

Today Deijah, Ka'mari, and Makari were coming over to her house. They all had new wigs come in and wanted Maya to do their wig installs and since they were her friends, they didn't have to pay full price.

She tidied up her house, cleaned her counters, etc. She wanted her place to be clean and tidy for when they got here.

She had on a skims outfit and some house slides, she didn't plan on leaving the house today anyways.

She had gotten her own hair done this morning from her normal Hairstylist, a 613 30". She didn't like installing her own wigs. She felt it was too complicated to do on herself rather than someone else.

Deijah called her letting her know they were coming up the elevator so she can unlock her door. She unlocked her door and sat on her couch waiting for her them to come in. She already had everything set up so they could get out of there faster.

"Hey Maya" She turned around and they were walking through the door.

"Hey y'all"

"Your new place is cute" All the girls sat down on her couch. Maya sighed knowing she'd be doing this for the rest of the day. But she'd rather do hair right now than be at work.

"Where's your remote I wanna put sumn on the TV," Ka'mari said shuffling trying to find the remote on the couch.

"It's literally on the coffee table in front of you" Maya scoffed. She thought that would've been the first pace she'd think to look.        

"Oh yeah," Ka'mari laughed quickly to herself.

"Bitch you're really dumb huh?" Deijah said giving K'mari squinted eyes.

"Don't act like you didn't know the difference between a freeway and a highway the other day. Don't start with me" Ka'mari said back making everyone laugh.

"Who's hair I'm doing first?"

"Mine!" Deijah jumped up running to the chair at the island.

"Nooo she always gets hers done first, do me"

"I ain't getting up I'm already in the chair. Yall just gonna wait"

♡︎♡︎♡︎  

"Gimme some dramatic edges. I got a lil function to go to tomorrow" Makari said. Everyone was a little drunk because they all started taking shots about an hour ago. But Deijah was the drunkest.

"You want 'em fluffy or laid"

"Laid" Maya already finished Deijah and Ka'mari's hair. They were both twerking listening to Sexy Red. Maya and Makari were singing it too.

"Hellcats SRTs, Nigga come pull up on me!"

Maya swooped up Makari's edges, and did her last finishing touches. Makari took out her phone and started recording for her Instagram. One thing Maya knew how to do was lay a wig.

"Yall we gotta go we got work and stuff tomorrow," Kari said looking at the clock, she was the soberest knowing she would have to drive. She always was the sober one or the one who hardly drank anything.

"Y'all better go, it's already 11," Maya said trying to get them out faster. She also had work in the morning.

"No, let me listen to one mo song, I'm already lit," Deijah said, but Makari wasn't trying to hear that.

"Nah we leaving let's go"

"Mmcht that's why I always be ubering. Rushing me out and shit"

"And make sure yall wrap up your hair tonight," They left closing the door behind them.

Maya sighed and began to clean up everything. They weren't messy, it was mainly just the stuff she had taken out to do their hair with.

While she was in the midst of cleaning up there were three loud knocks on her door.

"Who's that?"

No one answered so she just shook it off. No one else was supposed to be here tonight and everyone knows to always call Maya before showing up at her house. She didn't answer the door for just anyone.

There were three more knocks and Maya began to get confused. Maybe the music was too loud and someone told the front desk.

"Whoever snitched needs they ass beat. Probably them white people in front of me" She mumbled to herself. Now she really wasn't opening it.

She heard shuffling by the door and assumed whoever walked away. She ran to the door and looked through the peephole and it was black. What the fuck?

Maya opened her door and just by his cologne alone she knew who it was.

"Neem what you doing here?"

"To see wassup witchu" Maya didn't understand until she remembered she never called him.

"Why cause I didn't call you or nun? I have a life too I got work and everything going on I don't really have time for allat" Neem was just looking down at her.

"I was just making sure I ain't do nun wrong. If you don't want to talk to no niggas that's cool but I wanted to make sure we good" Maya thought that was cute.

She went quiet for about five seconds. She didn't mean to make him feel that way she just didn't want to be in a relationship.

"I never said you did anything, I just don't be doing all this relationship shit right now. I'm just getting life together" She felt like that was something she needed him to know from now. She didn't want to lead him on any longer and just let him know straight up.

"I'm not even on nunnadat shit, Let me come in and chill witchu real quick " Maya's body relaxed. She was happy he knew what it was.

"You get one hour. I'm going to sleep at 12:30. And don't try nun"

𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐄𝐃...