𝟐𝟓

𝐌𝐀𝐘𝐀 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐑𝐄

          Maya took in a deep breath while replaying Neem's text message repeatedly in her head. This morning he sent her a text to take her out on a date tonight. Maya very reluctantly concluded that she'd go. She didn't know if she was making the right decision or not.

          After Jayvion she was strict when it came to no more relationships until she had her shit all the way together. Right about now she was risking that boundary by going out with him but it was something about the consistency he had when it came to her that kept her somewhat interested.

          But if she was going to take things further with him, she had some things she needed from him as well that she planned on letting him know. Although he took a lot of financial stress off of her, she wanted someone who was going to help make her life easier, not harder. 

          The knock on her door finally sent her out of her thoughts. She grabbed her purse and opened the door.

          Neem was there holding a box of flowers, like always, looking her up and down. Maya felt uncontrollably nervous and she usually never got nervous, but she wasn't sure how the night would go and if tonight would be the night he'd decided to be more truthful about himself.

          "You so pretty" He spoke first, looking down at her. She pursed her lips trying not to smile and took the flowers out of his hand.

          "Thank you," She said setting the flowers on the counter. 

          He came in and grabbed both of her hands until her back was against the wall.

          "What you being so affectionate for, you miss me just after a day or sumn?" She knew he was. Just wanted to test him to see if he'd start being less guarded about his feelings. 

          "You know I do" He replied kissing her cheek

          "So bad"

♡︎♡︎♡︎

          Neem ordered a car for them to arrive at their restaurant. The whole time he was with her in the backseat holding and kissing her hand ever so often.  

          She did notice a big shift in him from yesterday. He spoke more, was much more affectionate, and was slowly beginning to express how he was feeling about her more. That made her feel so much better about being around him and it was good to know that he knew now not to play with her.  

            The driver got out and opened both of their doors. Neem instantly came over and grabbed her hand.

          He checked in their reservations and got them seated at a good spot at the top by the window where you were able to see the view outside. It was perfect just like everything else he did for her.

          "I'm sorry for how I was acting at the beginning. I had never been serious with a girl before and wasn't expecting to catch feeling so when I did I didn't know how to go about it"

          Maya picked up her water glass and took a sip.

          "I forgive you. Just so you know I appreciate everything you've done for me. The vacations the shopping sprees and everything else you did. I never had a man do anything like you do for me."