𝟐𝟏

NEHEMIAH KENSINGTON
__

"This boring" Neem said in obvious boredom looking at the movie screen. It had already been an hour and the movie they were watching had another hour and a half left.

"Nigga you're boring"

"I'm boring but I'm the one always planning the actual fun stuff, yea okay" He set his hand on her thigh looking over at her. Even though she was acting like she wasn't tired, he could tell she was.

"You wanna leave?"

"No, the movie not even halfway done"

"So? You over there tryna keep your eyes open" She shook her head continuing to look at the movie screen.

Over there tryna act tough.

For some reason, Neem's hand made its way to Maya's neck. He didn't know if it was the alcohol they drunk at the club earlier or what but his attraction to her was stronger than normal.

Something he never really felt before.

Her eyes darted to his arm and then back up to him.

"What you doing-"

He cut her off pulling her in for a kiss. She told him over and over she didn't want anything relationship wise but he didn't give a fuck. As much as she was acting like she didn't he knew she liked him, or at least a little bit. He does everything she wants and pays for everything, why wouldn't she?

She was kissing him back making him squeeze her neck just a lil harder.

All of a sudden she pulled away tucking in her lips and looking at him. He sucked his teeth with a slight smirk, sitting back in his chair.

"Oh, so friends kissing now?"

Neem shook his head. He wasn't ready to answer her about that, at least not yet.

♡︎♡︎♡︎

The ride back started off quiet. It was kind of awkward after the kiss and Maya just didn't seem to want to say anything. But Neem didn't regret anything since he'd been wanting to take their little friendship a step further.

About halfway home, Maya's phone rang. She sighed before pulling it out of her purse and answering it.

"What you want Deijah?" Maya said, putting the phone on speaker and into the cup holder in between them

"Now Maya you know you wrong. You ain't had to be doing all that yelling up in there like that. Just mad embarrassing"

"You think you was about to be using the nigga I came up in there with right in front of me? Try the next bitch. Then you whispering in Ka'mari's ear to get to use him too? You honestly had that coming"

"Why are you being so selfish over a nigga that doesn't even want you? You let him come to the club with us so of course imma tap his pockets, the fuck? And you seem to be the only one who cares, cause he definitely didn't seem to mind spending his money on me so-"

Before she could go any further Neem grabbed the phone.

"You think you about to be talking to her like that? I wouldn't even be there if it wasn't for her so instead of yelling you should be thanking her for even having me around cause she could've dropped me months ago. I didn't mind covering no type of costs but you trippin' Deijah, not even gon lie"

Deijah shut up real fast. Dead silence was on the other end.

"And not trying to disrespect nobody but you shouldn't be speaking to ya 'Friend' like that. This is between ya'll to deal with but about me so if there's something you wanna tell me let me know to put an end to it cause I'm not gonna sit here all the time and watch her stress out over you"

"T-There's nothing to say to you it's just I thought you wanted to be spending money on us"

"I know this bitch didn't-" Maya started, but Neem cut her off.

"I got y'all section because I knew she was going too. If she wasn't there I wouldn't have offered nun. And out of respect, I paid for everything else. Money is not the issue here, it's the way you stressing and talking to my girl, and ion like dat"

Neem handed the phone back over to Maya, done talking to her. He wasn't about to let nobody talk to her crazy and he didn't care who it was.

"Put Maya back on the phone, I'll apologize"

"Yeah I'm here," She said obviously annoyed throughout this whole situation.

"I'm sorry for how shit went Maya but you started turning up first so I just think we should touch back on this tomorrow or another time when we calmed down cause I don't want you to start yelling again"

That backhanded ass apology.

"I'm done talking to you tonight Deijah" Maya hung up leaning her head on the window

"Why you still hanging around that girl? She weird"

"Because she just started acting like that all of a sudden. She was never like that before"

They pulled up in the parking lot back home. Maya was just tired and sick of this while Neem wanted to give her some type of peace of mind about this. He had a hard time realizing he couldn't keep her happy all the time.

He opened her door and walked her back up to her apartment

"You sure you good? Want me to stay with you?"

"No, you go home. I appreciate tonight but I just need to be alone and think right now." She took a deep breath letting go of his hand.

She always kept him on his toes and he was hoping she wouldn't stop talking to him after today. He had a feeling she'd drop him from all the drama he'd unintentionally been causing lately.

All he's been trying to do was make her happy but everything he tried went wrong.

"Let me know if you need something but Goodnight. You know I always got you"

"Goodnight"

He didn't know what else to do for her so he just went back home. Neem's done a lot for her that he's never done for any girl before and the thought of that was driving him crazy.

𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐄𝐃...