S2 ~ CH-4 - Ruthless

Chapter 4 - Ruthless

Hello everyone and welcome back to the continuation of our journey together. It's finally time to continue where we left off! Up front, I want to apologize if this chapter feels a bit all over the place. This is the first time I'm writing in a narrative kind of way so let me know what you think.

- If you enjoy the chapter, I would really appreciate it if you left a vote.

- I do post a lot on my profile and if you want to be notified, make sure to drop a follow!
- Lastly, I would love it if you guys drop comments on things you notice, like or dislike. Let me know!
- I have a discord server with a few other writers/readers. Feel free to join, link is here or if it doesn't work, it's in the comments.

Discord link is in my Bio.

Wordcount: 3279

_______________________________________

Ash had spent months training on top of the mountain. He used the cabin as his home while he stayed there.

He would wake up at sunrise where he'd start off by freshen up, using a nearby hot spring he found not long after his arrival.

Next, he would release all of pokemon. Together, they would scavenge the mountain in search for berries and all other stuff they could eat.

After an hour or so, they'd gather back at the cabin, sharing everything they found and then they would have an equal amount of food to eat.

After breakfast, they'd start off with physical and endurance training which contained mostly out of building up muscle, aswell as working on their stamina. The exercises they would do were mostly long runs, short sprints and even some log lifting.

Next, they would go through the same process of scavenging food and sharing the results later.

They would start off the afternoon by meditation for a hour of two. Then, the heavy training would start.

At first, territorial pokemon would attack them at times but they managed to fend them off. If that weren't the case, they would go into harsh training which were mostly all out battles against one another.

Over time, the pokemon that lived on the mountain grew to respect them and even joined at times, growing stronger as well.

It was around this time that Ash had completely dissapeared from the world. People would worry and news reporters had declared him dead. The only contact he still had was with his mom and professor Oak. The contact they shared was minimal, yet they knew he was alive and well.

Then, finally the day came. Ash would get back to society but not as himself. He used the same alias he had while traveling through Galar.

He returned all of his pokemon except for Pikachu and went down the mountain. On his way, he crossed many of the territorial he lived with during his time on the mountain but now, they were paying their respects for him. They saw someone that had shown them kindness and helped them get stronger.

When Ash reached the bottom of the mountain, he was greeted with a familiar face. It was the Steelix who stared at the trainer. A full minute went by when finally, Steelix nodded at Ash, recognizing the strength he had.

Even Steelix was grateful. At first, it didn't really want to come near Ash as it felt as if it was humiliated but as time went by, Steelix saw other pokemon join him in training and Ash showed them nothing but compassion and support. So overtime, Steelix joined them as well and was now a lot stronger than it was before.