S2 ~ CH-7 - Caught In Blaine Sight!

S2 - Chapter 7 - Caught In Blaine Sight!

Hello everyone and welcome to a new chapter. We go a bit forward in time as our heroes have arrived at Cinnabar Island where Ash will battle Blaine for his third badge.

Also, I wanna let you know that I'll probably be taking a break next week. I've got a lot of personal stuff coming up this upcoming weekend so I don't know if I'm able to write as much. Anyway, enough talk, enjoy!

- If you enjoy the chapter, I would really appreciate it if you left a vote.

- I do post a lot on my profile and if you want to be notified, make sure to drop a follow!
- Lastly, I would love it if you guys drop comments on things you notice, like or dislike. Let me know!
- I have a discord server with a few other writers/readers. Feel free to join, link is here or if it doesn't work, it's in the comments.

Discord link is in my Bio.

Wordcount: 3651

_______________________________________

Narrator: Last time, Ash and Serena reunited and what seemed to he a friendly battle didn't turn out like one with Ash completely losing the plot. Now, a few days later our two heroes are at Cinnabar Island for Ash's third World League gym battle.

The sun was shining brightly and tourists were everywhere. Serena was looking all around, wanting to see everything her eyes fell on. "It's beautiful here. I get why people think it's more of a resort than a gym location." She said smilingly.

"When I first came here, Gary told me that there wasn't a gym here at all." Ash said. He was still socially awkward but things were improving slightly. It was nowhere near his former self but he was getting there.

"Really? How is that possible when it's literally on the map?" Serena asked, confused as she looked at Ash while the two of them walked across the streets in the blazing hot sun. Pikachu was, just as usual riding on Ash's shoulder.

"Blaine, the gym leader had his gym hidden in the volcano." Ash pointed up ahead towards the towering rock formation. "His hotel should be infront of it."

"A gym in a volcano?" Serena repeated. "I've never seen that before. Isn't that dangerous?" She asked, thinking of the possibility that a non-fire type pokemon could fall into the magma.

"Yeah, it is." Ash said, shivering a little as thought back at the time where he almost lost Pikachu. "But with Charizard, I should be able to win." He said, clenching his fist.

Serena nodded. "It must be hot in there." She said, thinking about the location for the battle.

"Yeah, I had burnmarks on my hands the first time I touched the doors inside the volcano." Ash laughed nonchalantly. "But here we are."

Ash stopped infront of a small hotel compared to the other units that they had walked past earlier.

Serena looked at the building, not sure what to make of it. It had its own thing going on which she thought was kinda cute but then again. Not really the ideal place for a gym.

Ash walked up to the door and knocked on it. Immediately, a muffled voice came from the building.

"You can feel me but not see nor touch me. I can warm you and even make you sweat but you can't hear me. What am I?"

"A riddle?" Serena asked Ash in confusion. Ash nodded, pondering over the answer. "This is how Blaine runs things." He said.

"Okay... let's see then." Serena said. "Feel but not see... warmth but has no sound.... I got it!" Serena smiled widely. "You're heat!"