S2 ~ CH- 14 Volcanic Panic... V2!

Chapter 14 - Volcanic Panic... V2!

In this chapter Ash's World League challenge against Blaine will continue. The scores are even and things are heating up now. The chapter is longer than usual and edge's closer to the normal length of book 1's chapters. Nonetheless, it will be action packed!

- If you enjoy the chapter, I would really appreciate it if you left a vote.

- I do post a lot on my profile and if you want to be notified, make sure to drop a follow!
- Lastly, I would love it if you guys drop comments on things you notice, like or dislike. Let me know!
- I have a discord server with a few other writers/readers. Feel free to join, link is here or if it doesn't work, it's in the comments.

Discord link is in my Bio.

Wordcount: 5527

_______________________________________

"Gren!" Greninja called out, landing on the battlefield as it stared down its opponent- Rhyperior.

Narrator: Ash's battle with Blaine for his third World League pearl is just underway with both having three pokemon remaining. Ash lost Houndoom and Blaine lost Ninetales. Now they have both Rhyperior and Greninja respectively sent out and their battle is about to get underway.

"You may have the first move!" Blaine offered with a smirk. He was aware that the Drought effect was still in play and therefore, the water type moves from Greninja wouldn't provide much assistance to Ash's case. With that in mind, there was only a handful of other moves Ash could use and Blaine was well aware that his options were limited as those moves wouldn't deal as much damage.

Ash nodded at getting the first move. He instantly took it and pointed his finger forward. "Night Slash, let's go!"

"Gren!" Greninja exclaimed, jumping off his spot and immediately toward the monstrosity infront of him.

Greninja summoned a small purple coloured glowing dagger and slashed it across Rhyperior's body, who let out a grunt of pain.

Both Blaine and Rhyperior were surprised by the speed from the Ninja frog. It was completely different than the first time Blaine had faced the pokemon.

"Aerial Ace!" Ash followed up with the next move.

The two pokemon were still in close proximity. Then, Greninja threw a right hook at Rhyperior. It hit it square in the face but Greninja wasn't done yet. It jabbed, kicked, lunched and even headbutted it's large opponent.

Rhyperior let out grunts after every hit but the damage was minimal. It held firm as it took them on, one by one.

"Megahorn, now!" Blaine suddenly shouted.

Ash's eyes widened and wanted to yell to Greninja to get out of there but it was already too late when Rhyperior's horn turned green and enlarged before it struck the Ninja frog, who had no time to react.

Greninja let out a cry of pain as it was sent flying. It flew right off the battlefield but luckily, due to Blaines new safety precautions, Greninja was caught by the net, earning a sigh of relief from Ash.

As Greninja got up again and managed to get back on the battlefield, it seemed to have taken a lot of damage and Ash knew it. Megahorn was a super effective move, dealing a lot of damage by itself already and thus Ash and Greninja were in a tight spot.

Over at the side, Gary was visibly getting frustrated. "Does Ash actually know his typing?" He asked out loud, visibly getting annoyed with his friend.

"What do you mean?" Serena asked.