S2 ~ CH-26 - Dream Disaster!

Chapter 26 - Dream Disaster!

In this chapter, Ash, Serena and Pikachu are on their way to Eterna City. But while they are traveling through the Eterna Forest, something strange happens...

- If you enjoy the chapter, I would really appreciate it if you left a vote.

- I do post a lot on my profile and if you want to be notified, make sure to drop a follow!
- Lastly, I would love it if you guys drop comments on things you notice, like or dislike. Let me know!
- I have a discord server with a few other writers/readers. Feel free to join, link is here or if it doesn't work, it's in the comments.

Discord link is in my Bio.

Wordcount: 3831

_______________________________________

Narrator: Ash, Serena and Pikachu are travelling towards Eterna City after Serena won the Floaroma pokemon contest. Now, our heroes are walking through a thick and dark forest known as Eterna Forest.

"Ash, do you know where we are going?" Serena asked. They were now walking for hours yet it felt to her like they made no progress at all. She was getting worried that they were lost.

"Ofcourse! Just a little more and we'll be out of here in no time!" He said, confidence shining through his eyes.

"But Ash..." Serena started, pointing to a rock formation to the left of them. "We've walked past that rock four times already. I think we're walking in circles!" She let out a noise of frustration.

Ash looked at the rock. He recognised... "Maybe were lost then..." He sweatdropped and both Pikachu and Serena fell to the ground in anime style.

As she stood up again, Serena complained. "Why did you decide to pass through here if you don't even know the way?" She stated frustratingly.

"I did know the way..." Ash replied. "But it has just been years since I've been here." He said, trying to look up for a solution.

Unfortunately for them, the canopy above them was so thick, sunlight struggled to penetrate it sending out Charizard to look for a way out was impossible at this point.

As sight was limited, the only option was continue walking in hopes of finding a different route that would bring them back on the path again.

So no clear path to follow, the trio pressed on, their footsteps muffled by the soft carpet of fallen leaves and moss. But as they went deeper into the woods, the air grew heavy with a sense of foreboding.

Serena's senses felt something was gonna happen sooner or later, nor did she trust the situation they were in so in an attempt for comfort and protection, she grabbed onto Ash, using him as some sort of cover and shield to whatever could happen.

But what they didn't know was that behind them, a pair or red eyes were looming over them.

As our heroes pressed on, the air was growing more and more tense. Neither Ash nor Serena uttered a word which made things feel even more uncomfortable.

Serena kept looking around frantically, clinging more onto Ash at the same time. Meanwhile Ash kept looking around aswell. Pikachu sat on Ash's shoulder but was tensed, ready to jump into action as soon as it needed to.

All of a sudden, a weird, creepy laugh was audible. Pikachu's cheeks sparked with electricity, ready to defend his friend and his partner.

Serena clutched Ash's arm and hid behind him, her heart pounding with fear. "Ash! Did you hear that?" She whispered.