S2 ~ CH-16 - Dangerous Waters!

Chapter 16 - Dangerous Waters!

In this chapter Ash, Serena and Pikachu come face to face with the man that escaped prison. They will fall into a chase and try to catch him.

- If you enjoy the chapter, I would really appreciate it if you left a vote.

- I do post a lot on my profile and if you want to be notified, make sure to drop a follow!
- Lastly, I would love it if you guys drop comments on things you notice, like or dislike. Let me know!
- I have a discord server with a few other writers/readers. Feel free to join, link is here or if it doesn't work, it's in the comments.

Discord link is in my Bio.

Wordcount:  2796

_______________________________________

Narrator: Last time, Ash, Serena, Gary and Shauna traveled to Cinnabar Island where Ash challenged Blaine for a gym battle and won his third Pearl Symbol.

Next, they went on a research mission given by professor Oak. They went to Dr. Fuji's mansion and found a lot of questionable things.

But at the same time, a dangerous man had escaped prison and had managed to get a device on Cinnabar Island.

We now join our heroes as they just boarded the ferry back to the main land.

Both were standing on the front deck. They just waved their friends goodbye  and now they were put of sight. Both Ash and Serena were leaning on the railing of the ship. Pikachu sat on Ash's shoulder, all of them enjoying the view.

The sun would be setting in a few hours, just enough time for them to make it to the main land.

Serena was smiling as she stared into the distance. Ash looked at her and asked: "Watcha thinking about?"

"Hmm... Nothing really." Serena hummed before answering. "Just thinking on what to do next..."

"What do you mean?" Ash asked, raising an eyebrow

"Hmm..." Serena thought a little, wanting to say the right things. "You know... A few days back, before we arrived at Cinnabar Island and we were still at professor Oak's lab, Shauna asked me what was next now that I am not the Kalos Queen anymore."

"So?" Ash asked curiously. "What's up next?" He asked her, looking at her with his eyebrow raised.

Serena looked to the ground, murmuring; "I-I don't know really..." She answered, not sure of herself as her voice lowered.

Ash lifted her chin and smiled. "Whatever it is, it will be great and we'll be supporting you, right buddy?" Ash said, grinning as he aimed the last part towards his trustful partner on his shoulder, Pikachu.

"Pika-chu!" Pikachu put it's small limb up, giving her thumbs up which earned a giggle as it was incredibly adorable.

"Besides, whatever we do in the meantime, we'll do things you will like and probably dislike aswell. You'll figure out what you want in time. I have no doubt of that." Ash added.

"You think so?" Serena asked him, a glimmer of hope in her eyes while she stared at him.

"I'm positive!" He flashed his famous toothy smile with his eyes closed.

Serena blushed a little. He was so sweet to her. She had missed this side of him a lot over the past year. Luckily though, she had gotten it back now.

She leaned forward to hug him, which he happily accepted. But as she did, she gave him a kiss on his cheek, saying; "Thanks Ash." As she did so.