S2 ~ CH - 8 - Feelings

S2 - Chapter 8 - Feelings

Hello everyone and welcome to yet another chapter. Yes, I know... I wanted to take a week off because I didn't know how much time I had during the weekend, yet here it is. I started early, leaving me barely any work during the weekend and allowing me to finish this part. Hope you like the extra effort I put in. Enjoy!

- If you enjoy the chapter, I would really appreciate it if you left a vote.

- I do post a lot on my profile and if you want to be notified, make sure to drop a follow!
- Lastly, I would love it if you guys drop comments on things you notice, like or dislike. Let me know!
- I have a discord server with a few other writers/readers. Feel free to join, link is here or if it doesn't work, it's in the comments.

Discord link is in my Bio.

Wordcount: 3351

_______________________________________

Narrator: Last time, Ash battled against Blaine in order to obtain his third World League gym badge. However, to everyone's surprise, he lost. Depression and fear started taking over and now we join them where we left off last time.

"I've got us a room." Serena said, walking back up to Ash. However, he didn't reply and was still sitting in the same position, thinking deeply.

"Ash?" Serena asked, sitting down beside him. Ash looked up, surprised. "Oh sorry..." He said, moving down his head again after apologising.

Serena placed her hand on his shoulder and slowly, yet gently rubbed it over it. "It's gonna be alright." She said. She didn't know what else to say. She had seen him depressed when they were in Snowbelle City but this was a complete new experience.

Ash was thinking. Why didn't the transformation to Ash-Greninja work? How did Blaine beat him so easily? How did he lose? And more importantly, why was Serena still with a loser like him? He had lost, something he'd swear that would happen ever again.

Ash thought back on what Blaine said to him...

(---)

Blaine walked up to him with Magmortar in tow. "Here's another riddle kid." He said. "What is important to have when working together. Staying calm in all situations and that is what you're clearly lacking today." Blaine put his wig back on and left. "Come back when you made up your mind." He said before walking out.

(---)

"Important when working together... staying calm in any situation... What was I lacking?" Ash thought to himself. It couldn't be trust. He trusted his pokemon with his life and he knew that it was the other way around aswell. So what else could it be?

"Ash!" Serena shouted. Ash snapped out his thoughts and looked at her confused. "Speak to me. I wanna help you but if you keep acting like this, I can't!" She said, worried expressions all over her face.

Ash sighed. "I'm sorry Serena." He apologised. "But I don't think you can help me out with this. I need to find it by myself..." He said, regret filling him as the words left his mouth.

Serena looked at him, feeling sad. "How am I able to help you or atleast cheer you up when you don't let anyone connect with you?"

Ash looked at her, guilt filling his body. "I'm sorry Serena." He apologised. "I just don't know how you could help..."

Ash looked and sounded depressed, something Serena hated to see. "Let me try atleast." She said, her voice full of compassion. Ash nodded to her.

*DING*