S2 ~ CH-25 - Sparkling Sensation with Familiar Faces!

Chapter 25 - Sparkling Sensations with Familiar Faces!

In this chapter Serena participates in the Floaroma contest in order to try and win the ribbon that she needs to qualify for the CGS. As she participates, she runs into an old friend... or should I say rival...

- If you enjoy the chapter, I would really appreciate it if you left a vote.

- I do post a lot on my profile and if you want to be notified, make sure to drop a follow!
- Lastly, I would love it if you guys drop comments on things you notice, like or dislike. Let me know!
- I have a discord server with a few other writers/readers. Feel free to join, link is here or if it doesn't work, it's in the comments.

Discord link is in my Bio.

Wordcount: 4309

_______________________________________

Narrator: Last time, Ash and Serena arrived in Floaroma Town. They took a stop here and learned about the CGS, which Serena wants to enter.

After calling with Aria, Serena had herself registered for the contest and the event itself.

Then after that, Ash decided to give something back to Serena as a thank you for everything she had done for him up till this point. Therefore, he got the amazing idea to take her to Forsythia's shop. Forsythia used to give lessons in making Poffins.

Knowing that Serena loved baking and making sweets, this idea proved to be great and both had an amazing time. Surprisingly, this time Ash managed to not burn his poffins.

After baking poffins, it wasn't time to end the date yet. Ash wanted to show Serena something the town was famous for... its flowers.

The sun was slowly setting and the sky turned orange and yellow in colour as the two strolled through the gardens with many coloured flowers. The atmosphere was vibrant and both enjoyed their time.

Eventually they sat down underneath a blossoming tree where Ash confessed one more time how thankful he was to have her and shared his feelings.

Now we join our heroes as arrive at the contest hall, one dat after their date.

Excitement filled the air as trainers from everywhere gathered for the Pokémon Contest. They either came watching the show or like Serena, they came to participate and win. Serena's heart pounding with anticipation as she prepared herself for the showcase. She had already parted from Ash as she was now sitting in the dressing room, infront of a mirror with many other coordinators.

By her side was Sylveon. While Serena was wearing a red dress that perfectly complimented her hour glass figure, which was a custom in Sinnoh to dress up for contests, Sylveon didn't wear any accessories. This wasn't a showcase and here, their moves and choreography was what mattered, instead of their own beauty.

Serena had a simple, yet elegant performance in mind and knew by all her experience as both a coordinator and performer, this should do the trick.

She didn't underestimate the thing, no not at all. She knew she had to work herself in sweat to get the win here. Many other coordinators wanted to win and achieve the ribbon for their own quests. Yet, she was confident in her own skill. As far as she knew, not many people knew her here, something she was thankful of. Having fame swirl around her was in some way fun, but also very annoying with people not wanting to leave you alone for a second and constantly intruding her private space.

Eventually the appeal round began. For now, Serena had to wait for her turn and watched the screen with anticipation. There were a few coordinators that messed up their performances, something Serena knew all to well by experience.