Chapter 48

Chapter 48: Can we at least try once more?

Dear Claudette,

I'll be honest, I never thought about ending our relationship. To be honest, breaking up with you never crossed my mind. So when you ended us, I realized how messed up I was, as I had lost the woman I loved and who had helped me regain my trust in love.

When you left, I tried calling you, and I know you're not answering because you're still not ready to talk to someone like me. I just want to let you know that I understand where you are coming from and where your anger comes from. I understand everything. It is clear to me that I wasted someone like you. Someone like you—someone who was brave to have faith and who gave hope to love once more.

I needed to talk to you so as to clear things up. So I think this is the best way to reach you, my love. I think sending you a letter could help.

Can we talk? Can we at least try once more? I won't waste it if you just give me another chance. Believe me.

Sorry if I made you feel that I didn't believe in you. Lalo na nung panahon na kailangan mo 'ko. I apologize if I made you feel that I shouldn't be trusting you. Na hindi ka kapanipaniwala. But I do trust you, love. I was just scared to be fooled again. But I know there's no valid reason to make you feel that way. Again, I'm so sorry. So, please, let me make it up to you. Just give me another chance, love. Let's talk. Please.

Sincerely, Mr. Smith