Chapter 49

Chapter 49: I miss everything about you

Dear Claudette,

Did you receive my letter? I understand if you cannot respond. I understand if you don't want to talk to me for now.

I just miss you. I really do.

I miss getting drunk with you and doing silly things with you while we are drunk. I miss having dinner with you. Miss ko na rin ang mga luto mo. I miss our simple date while sitting on the bridge and eating our favorite, a toasted bun with a lobster on it. I miss teasing you with the things you hate. I miss how happy I am when I'm with you. I miss having deep talks with you and how you made me feel how mature you are when it comes to life. I like how serious you are about our future. I miss how you compliment and cheer me up whenever I feel down. I miss your kiss, your smell, and your voice. I miss everything about you.

Every time I walk into the office and don't see you, my heart breaks. Nakasanayan ko kasing makita ka sa office pagkatapos ng ilang oras na meeting.

I found myself crying while writing all of this, Love. It's sad to think that everything is just memories. Honestly, I don't want to lose you, but the circumstances that hurt us.

I never want you gone.

I will never forget how you made me feel loved. I love you, Claudette. I want to fix us. So please, let's talk.

Sincerely, Mr. Smith