IV- Tragedy

Arele Dark Obby was her name. At nine years old, her mother fell into a deep coma following a tragic accident. Unable to bear the idea of seeing his wife like this, her father decided to leave his home and, at the same time, leave his daughter with their dear friends, the Randers.

The little girl lived with their neighbors for quite a while. Mrs. Randers did everything she could to make her feel less lonely and to compensate for the sorrow of this sudden separation. She treated her like her own daughter. She also supported her best friend from time to time during her comative rests.

Each time she held the same monologue. She told him about the day, the children, then her daughter. She sometimes cursed her husband in a low voice and prayed to heaven to bring her back from her unconsciousness. The children were also a great support as the little girl no longer really cared about their absences.

" I'm on vacation, she thought, mum and dad will come to pick me up soon."

Miguel came every weekend since he had school the other days. His aunt, Miguel's mother and his mother's little sister had arranged her work to come and see the little girl with her son, then visited her sick sister. She brought back flowers, drawings and signs for her awakening. So the months passed; six exactly, then the young mother was no longer showing any signs of life.

"Excuse me Mrs. Randers but I have to talk to you, can you come as soon as possible, if possible with your husband," the doctor had telephoned.

"Of course, we're coming," she replied before hanging up.

Following this call, they rushed to the hospital and came to see the doctor.

"Look, the patient's red blood cell count is regressing very quickly, her pulses are weakening and are very irregular. Her body can no longer support her comatose state," he explained.

"What does this mean?" Mrs. Randers worried, "she'll survive, right? She must do it for his daughter," she continued hoarsely.

"She has certainly managed to survive until today but unfortunately her heart is no longer able to carry on, she is in the final stages, she is slowly passing away. I am sorry."

He used a soft tone but it seemed far away for her. Her friend is dying and this adorable little girl will become an orphan. How cruel life is!

"Don't worry, everything will work out, her husband reassured her, she's strong, she'll know how to face it and then we'll be there for her, right?" She looked up at him and smiled sadly.

"Poor child!" she whispered.

After the funeral, Arele had to move in with her aunt. This pained the Randers family immensely but they could not keep her any longer. The custody of the child had to go to a close relative, therefore her aunt. This is how the little Dark Obby was forced to move away from her home, her friends, her school and her country. The only consolation she had was that at least she would live with her beloved cousin. However, she had no idea that this trip would have changed her life forever, for the second time...