XV- Evil Father

"This is pointless," thought Michel, exhausted.

Despite tirelessly scouring the trails he possessed, he had no idea where they had taken the young girl. His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a door slamming.

"I have something that might help us!" exclaimed Fathim as she rushed towards him.

She handed him a folder, which he promptly opened without hesitation.

"This man," she continued, pointing at the photo, "was our former classmate. He and Arele were never on good terms. They were like cat and mouse. He was later expelled because of her, and we never heard from him again until yesterday. I crossed paths with him by chance at the Tavern last night, accompanied by some men I presume work for him. At first, I thought it was a coincidence, but as he was leaving, he dropped this."

She showed him the pendant in question, and he took it. After examining it closely, he furrowed his brow.

"Yes," she confirmed, "this pendant belongs to my best friend. I gave it to her on our graduation day. In fact, I have the same one. It only explains one thing: he's part of them, and he knows where she is. I managed to locate their car. We need to go there."

"What are we waiting for then? Let's go!" he urged.

"A moment ! This guy, well, this man is dangerous. We don't know in what condition we'll find her. I'm warning you right now, no matter what happens, keep your composure." Michel nodded, and they set off.

***

"Let me go! Please, don't do this, please, Axel... Please, let me go... AXEL!"

The screams and cries of the young woman still echoed in his ears. He could not bear to hear any more, so he let his men finish the job. He had debated between causing a car accident or burying her alive. In the end, he had chosen the latter option. His obsession would soon be buried with her. He would forget her quickly, he thought, just like all the other people he had already eliminated. He crushed his cigarette butt and left the scene.

"Oh my God, let's take her to the hospital quickly!"

"Arele, hold on, we're here! Stay alive!"

"Please stay in the lobby, I beg you!"

...

It had been several days since Arele had been in intensive care since Michel and Fathim found her. The doctor's diagnosis was alarming. She had been assaulted in every way, and her mental, physical, and sexual health had been seriously affected. But what made the situation even more critical was the news that shocked the two young people.

"She's three weeks pregnant," the doctor had said, "and miraculously, it's still alive. We need to wait a few days to draw conclusions about her condition."

Michel did not know what to think. The state in which he had found her had made him so angry that he had only one thing on his mind: to seek justice. Now, it turns out that she carries the child of her assailant. His anger turned into rage and then into deep hatred. He had never felt such resentment before. He vowed to avenge her. Since then, he had been tirelessly investigating Arele's kidnapper.

Fathim, on the other hand, did not know how to react. She was mostly afraid of her friend's reaction when she woke up. She knew her well enough to know that it would feel like death to her. But at the same time, she was furious that she could not do anything to help her wake up as soon as possible. So, she helped Michel in his investigations; justice had to be served for their friend, no matter what.

***

"I've finished the job, father, you won't hear from that bitch anymore!"

"Great, that's my boy!"