XI- Captive

"How could they dare to hide Miguel's death from me? How? I hate them more than I have ever hated them. Am I not part of the family? The way he died, by accident, seriously? Can anything happen normally in my life? Why does life seem to take away everything dear to me? Mom, Dad, and now, Miguel. It's like they want to ruin my life. And what's next? The business, maybe? Because they know I won't come back, especially after all this. Why?"

Arele was crying her heart out for the first time in a long while. She unleashed her emotions on the poor wall, taking out each of her blows on it. After a while, she got tired and eventually dozed off in her bed.

"Great! Good job, Randers, you're my good buddy!"

Sitting in his office, Axel took great pleasure in looking at his screen. He had not missed a scene.

"Bingo!" he exclaimed, when Michel was gone. He had thought about abducting the girl the next day, but finally, he had had enough of waiting.  He then called his men. 

"Bring her back to me!  Make sure she doesn't get hurt, got it!"

They nodded and then left.

"You will soon be mine, Arele Dark Obby."  he said to himself, smiling mischievously.

***

In a dark room, somewhere far from the city, the young girl was unconscious, tied up, and locked away. Arele had been gagged in her sleep and taken to an old warehouse. Axel gazed at the sleeping beauty on the worn-out bed and was mesmerized by her. She was no longer the little girl from his memories.

She has changed: a beautiful face framed by her long black hair and a pretty body, though wrapped in her baggy tracksuit. Under the faint ray of light that infiltrated the room, she appeared like a mythical creature. Lost in his contemplation, he did not even realize that he frequently licked his lips, so obsessed with this girl.

He already imagined the worst tortures he could inflict on this fragile and delicate body. After a while, Arele woke up. Her body felt heavy, and her head hurt. She was surprised by the darkness in the room, thinking it was still night. Yet, she felt like she had slept for a long time.

Trying to clear her mind, memories of the previous day came back to her: Michel, the consecutive bad news, probably the cause of her migraine. She tried to sit up, but something was preventing her. Her arm was pulled above her head and tied. She was confused. Just last night, she fell asleep in her room, how come she was tied to a bed now? She attempted to free herself but in vain.

She then inspected the room and realized she was not at home.

"My God! she whispered in a panic, the headache still not leaving her."

She desperately wanted water, but her chain prevented her. That's when she heard a voice in the darkness.

"I see you're wide awake!"

The young girl startled and got into a defensive stance, almost forgetting her condition. She then heard footsteps approaching, and her skin prickled.

"Who are you? What do you want?" she replied coldly.

In response, she heard a small laugh she could not quite distinguish. A figure finally emerged from the darkness, holding a glass of water. It was a tall and imposing man, full of charisma and charm, but with a hint of mischief. Arele was momentarily stunned. She expected anything but this – being abducted by a handsome psychopath whose identity and intentions were unknown to her. Seeing her reaction, he wore a teasing smile.

"I see, my face is so beautiful that you can't help but admire it?"

Arele composed herself and gave him her darkest glare.

"Oh! Calm down, little doll. No need to look at me like that."

It was the last straw. She stabbed him with her free hand, saying in a cold tone,