VI- Torn threads

The wedding day was approaching so fast.  The bride grew impatient in front of the mirror. She was nervous.

'You are so beautiful,' said a small voice behind her.

She turned around to find little Arele dressed in a white dress adorned with lace. At this sight, her eyes filled with tears. 

'Oh! she replied, you are beautiful, too.  I see that the dress suits you perfectly.  Come on, come on!'

The child approached timidly, and the adult came up to her.

' You know, your mom, she was your age when we bought her this dress, you look so much like her,' she whispered.

'I know, she replied proudly, but you mustn't cry otherwise you'll be ugly and
Mr. Wilbert won't want to marry you anymore.'

She laughed slightly at his remark and said:

'You're right, here's what we're going to do, you and me, you're going to help me dry my tears, okay?'

Without further ado, Arele found a handkerchief and handed it to her.

'Better?' asked her aunt.

'Yes, like that you look like a princess and I am a good fairy!  Cinderella is going to meet her prince charming at the ball…
Ooh!'  she exclaimed, whirling around her aunt, which made her laugh out loud.

In the other part, the boys were more or less quiet. No one was really talking except for the dresser asking this or that. Miguel just watched the adults. When the man finished getting ready, he finally turned into him and smiled:

' So, how do you find me?' 

'Cool! '

'You're not very talkative today,' he remarked.

The boy just shrugged his shoulders.

'Don't you want your mum getting married? he asked him suddenly after a silence.

'I don't know, after all, she's never there, so…,' he replied slyly.

He just smiled at him sadly, then said:

'Well, let's go, Mom and Arele are waiting for us.  '

This is how we find ourselves in this sumptuous room wishing for the union of two souls until death separates them.

***

Sunday 17th,

"My dad was gone. My mom has died.  Aunty just got married. The vacation will end within a week. I can't wait to go to school with Michael."

Friday 23rd,

"My aunt had decided to send me to a boarding school in the south of the country. I was in shock. Why ? I really think I will go with Michael. I really wanted it. I didn't have any thoughts but to cry. However, not in front of them. I only remained stoic. 

Inside me, I was willing to scream at her. Screaming all my anger and despair at her, but I just nodded. Then everything happened at lightning speed: my registration, the relocation, new school and new environment. I didn't really realize it until my aunt, Miguel and my step-uncle left.

My child's heart deduced that I had been abandoned, once again. I can see myself running after that car today, crying and hoping that this was just a bad dream.  But it seems that I couldn't wake up. The guard eventually caught up with me and brought me back to the principal's office.  She was trying so hard to calm me down, in vain, until sleep took me. Where would I go now? "

***

Sending his niece away for her schooling did not really suit Aline. She was saddened by the prospect of distance, but after the persuasion of her husband, she finally gave in and decided to send her niece to the best boarding school in the country.

The man reassured her, many times, that her last doubts were gone, giving way to an absolute certainty to do what is best for his niece.

"What to do next?"

"To wait for !  That little one will soon be in secondary school.  A better way to keep him away ! The game has just begun !"

The man sneered loudly. He was not a man of heart. He is a machiavellian man, manipulator and calculator, ready to do anything to achieve his ends.

"My dear wife, how stupid you can be!" He muttered without leaving a devilish air.

For the moment, under no circumstances was that poor woman in love aware of the ugly intentions of the one she married. It is often said that love makes you blind, but how much?  What will we not do for love?