XIV- Unraveling Threads

" I'm tired of fighting. I no longer have the strength. Every day is a hell. I've lost track of time. I don't know how long I've been trapped or if I'll ever have hope of getting out. After all, no one is waiting for me outside. I've always been a solitary person. I live my life on my own, rejecting company.

I used to love that, but today I regret it. I think about my recent argument with Michel, who wasn't very kind, about my sick aunt, about Fathima, my best friend—what is she doing now? She who's always been there for me. About Miguel, who is no longer in this world, it seems. About my childhood.

I also don't know if I'm losing my mind; sometimes I laugh, sometimes I scream, and sometimes I cry, despite myself. I don't recognize myself anymore. I'm in so much pain that I can't even feel the slightest hurts he inflicts on me. I feel myself slipping away. Am I going to die? Of course, who will come to save me? Slowly, foolishly, I hope he can change; that if I loved him, he would change. So I accept everything from him, I demand it, I beg for it. Inevitably, I am dying! "

It has been a month since Axel held the young girl hostage. He had not planned on keeping her for so long, but it turned out she was more resilient. He prolonged her ordeal. However, as time passed, he found it harder to let go of her. She became his drug. It infuriated him. No woman had ever completely thrown him off balance. But this woman drove him crazy: her behavior, psychology, everything; he could not bring himself to kill her for good.

Why? She had despised his though? He does not know. Lately, she has become more provocative, more receptive, and more affectionate. Vulnerable, yes. He deduced that she has probably developed Stockholm syndrome. The problem is, he liked it. In fact, he liked every aspect of her.

"Argh," he exclaimed, hitting the wall of his office in frustration with himself.

He had to get rid of her. It was necessary now. If his progenitor knew what he was doing, he would already be dead. Determined, he called his men.

"Prepare the car. Tomorrow, an accident is being arranged."

He then headed towards the room where the young girl was, a paper in hand. Upon seeing him, Arele smiled with all her teeth, her heart aching. A feeling he didn't try to understand but simply aimed to get rid of quickly. He approached her bed and began to caress her hair. Without warning, she embraced him, surprising him, but he quickly pulled away. He handed her the sheet of paper and ordered her to write a farewell letter. She looked at him fearlessly and then smiled sadly, saying:

"So you're really going to kill me, then!" She paused, tears welling up in her eyes, before shouting her pain to him, "Why? Tell me why? Why do you hate me so much that you want to kill me?"

But he remained silent. Suddenly, she grabbed him by his sleeve, shaking him while crying:

"Speak! Why? Why do all of this? Isn't it enough for you to torture me all day long, do you also want to kill me? Tell me why!"

Frustrated by her behavior, he pushed her back and slapped her hard. Quickly, he grabbed her by the hair and hissed through his teeth:

"Shut up! Be quiet, understand ?"

"No, no, I have the right to know !"

" Perfect, I see that Madam has her wits about her now, huh? You want to know, well, I'll tell you: I really hate you, I hate you from the depths of my being so much that I have only one desire: to tear you apart."

He let go and turned away, but her voice stopped him again:

"No, there's something else ! "

He swallowed his saliva. Was he going to reveal it to her? Since she is going to die anyway. So he turned around, a sadistic grin on his face.