V- Aline Hartland

"Welcome to your destination."

The plane finally lands after the long journey. Arele, who had fallen asleep so far, woke up to the jolts of her aunt. She blinked her eyes slightly to get used to the daylight. This landscape seemed to her both new and familiar. Snow covered the ground and the cold was too much to feel.
Luckily her aunt had imposed her fluffy clothes on her, otherwise she would have frozen from the cold.

The child followed the young lady awkwardly while drowsy. It must be said that the jet lag did not really help her, because at that moment she would still have been in dreamland. A car parked outside and they entered it. Although it was sumptuous, she did not notice that. A man in his forties greeted them.

"Hello Darling, what's going on?" he asked the woman

"Tired, this is my little niece, Arele," she replied, then for the little girl, "Arele, this is your future uncle, Patrick Wilbert."

She stared at the man at the wheel before shaking with an outstretched hand, murmuring a 'Nice to meet You, Sir' before turning away.

"Well, it looks like our little flower isn't that much of a talker," he said with a chuckle.

"She is surely tired," hastened her aunt. Then, they set off for the road.

***

Aline Hartland, Moebi Dark Obby's little sister, Arele's mother, was a very kind woman. She had a gentle character unlike her sister who was more impulsive. Despite their difference, they were always on the same wavelength. They loved each other and helped each other. That was the secret to their success.

When their father died, it was decided that the eldest would take over the business. Moebi being at the head, Aline took care of business on the outskirts, the reason why she was often the busiest. But she loved her job and did it whole-souled.

The two sisters had not changed their relationship at all, even after their marriages, which they celebrated on the same day. People thought of them as twins because their resemblance was so striking and they had such synchronization.

Unfortunately for Aline, marital bliss was short-lived. Her husband died in an accident shortly before their son was born. She collapsed in deep sadness. Young mother and already a widow. During these difficult times, her sister and her husband never stopped helping her. And when the child was born, they were also the ones who took care of him until she was well.

Over time, the young woman managed to overcome her grief. But since then she had changed. As if something broke inside her and nothing could fix it. She lost herself, body and soul in the work. She became less warm. She loved her son, of course, she really loved him but the fact that he constantly reminded her of her deceased love made her suffer.

To compensate for his frequent absences, she offers him great ease. And then came the day she met him, this man by the name of Patrick Wilbert. He had known how to win back her broken heart. It was a shock when she learned of the tragedy. She wondered how this man who said he loved his sister, could abandon her at a most critical time.

She had hoped so much that this one would recover, because she was the first person she would have wanted to introduce him to. But a year passed and it never happened. Life had other plans. This is how she decided to take care of her niece because at least she would have a part of her sister with her. She loved her so much and losing her was torment.

Luckily he was there for her. She loved him, she did not doubt it, she did not want to lose him too. She will do everything to keep him as long as possible. Her love ! How about her son ? Nobody knows what he really thought about it, however, with each decision his mother made, he was always relegated to the background. Would not that be selfish, would you say? Maybe...