chapter 2

Rishmi drove to the oberoi mansion after their wedding. After all the functions ended . The couple was sent in their room. Rishi went in the other room and said he will be back soon.

Lakshmi entered the room . It was pitch black.

The room was decorated with flowers and candles

The room was decorated with flowers and candles. Lakshmi smiled. She sat on the bed  waiting for Rishi but he didn't arrive . It was quite late  Rishi entered the room and saw Lakshmi who was sleeping on his bed  in her bridals. Rishi looked at the decorations and he got angry he started removing the decorations and threw the candle stand. Lakshmi woke up with that noise.

Lakshmi woke up with a jerk

Lakshmi: Aap agaye! (You came) Why are you removing the decor

Rishi: I don't like these..

Lakshmi :I was waiting for you. Actually kuch puchna tha(I wanted to ask something)  Why we're there soo less people in our wedding. It was a big fat wedding but there were hardly any relatives from your side and only chachi ji and my family was there we hardly had 15 people in such big resort. Also you are so famous like always on the front page but we didn't invite media. I mean...

Rishi shouted: just shut up..

Lakshmi flinched: Why are you shouting?

Rishi:

Lakshmi: tell me? Is everything fine rishi?. Are you drunk? Alcohol is bad for health.
Lakshmi cupped his face

Rishi pushed her: don't touch me. Understand.

Lakshmi: I will..! I am your wife.. I will..

Rishi: You might be for this world but for me U are just a forced person in my life. And i hate to be with you.

Lakshmi: You hate me? Then why did you marry me? Why?

Rishi: For the sake of my family. I have no idea why but my parents believe in horoscope and kundali dosh and I have some issues for which I was supposed to marry a girl who can save me and that day at the temple mom dad saw your birth kundali. So I married you for a year so I can keep my mother happy. But no one knows that I will divorce u after an year.

Lakshmi sat on the floor: you are.. J-joking right.. You want to trouble me...

Rishi: Darling I don't joke. I never joke. In fact I already have a girlfriend Malishka. She's my love you aren't.

Lakshmi: but what about us, my love for you?

Rishi: never expect anything from me. I can't ever love anyone else. It's just my Girlfriend. And family.

Lakshmi: You fraud! , cheapster how dare you ruin my life. I won't forgive you. And I am signing up for divorce right now. U don't deserve me.

Rishi held her shoulders and laughed : you will leave me? You... You little butterfly will ruin me? Funny really good sense of humor.

Lakshmi: I will tell your family that u are a living monster nothing else.

Rishi: hmm living monster ..... YES I AM (He shouted) and this monster has no issues to ruin your life. If u tried to even utter a single word in front of anyone in this house or your house. You are just a contract in my life. I will bear you for an year..

Lakshmi: I hate you..

Rishi:Uss moment !

Rishi went to his study and handed Lakshmi a contract.

Lakshmi: what's this?

Rishi: a contract which says that you are willing to be my wife for an year and in return you can get any amount of money you want.  See I don't know whether it's true or not but my mom believes I might die due to this horoscope of mine but u can save me. I just want my mother happy she is a heart patient and I can't risk her health it's just her because of whom you are standing here. Think of your sisters with money u can give them a better life and living standards. Here sign it .

Rishi placed the contract in Lakshmi's hand and handed her the pen.

Rishi: u have  the whole night. Decide the amount of money and right it here. I won't refuse neither will I ever touch you or let you touch me. Good night Mrs. Oberoi. I will sleep on the bed you have the couch .

Lakshmi held the contract in her hand and sat on the couch. She remembered her parents thousands of thoughts ran across her mind and she had tears.

The dark  night passed.

Rishi's Pov
I woke up and saw her sitting on the sofa. Her eyes swollen and red it was clear she didn't sleep at all. She had the contract in her hand. I stood up and she handed me the contract. It was signed but there's no amount written.
Pov ends

Rishi: You couldn't decide the amount. Shameful.

Lakshmi: I am not a toy that you will buy me. I am just your contract wife. I have decided to stay because of neelam aunty she's really sweet and I can't afford to lose her. I have lost my parents but I will not let neelam aunty get any health issues. There's no amount required because I have selfless love of Neelam aunty and Vir uncle. But you won't get it cause you don't have a heart Mr. Oberoi you just know the language of money. Shameful indeed.

Saying this Lakshmi went to the washroom after taking her clothes from the suitcase. And Rishi stood there stunned.

Comments and votes? Please! Vote and comment if you want the  next chapter early .