chapter 17

Lakshmi's Pov
I had my lunch and my pills as my pain was worsening and I slept. I heard a knock on the door it's neelam aunty. She looked concerned about me. "Beta shall we go to the doctor?.Is it paining alot? " Neelam aunty questioned.

I smiled " Aapke bete ki wajah se sab theek hai ab" ( everything is fine because of your son)
Neelam aunty smiled back . she always had a concern for everyone in the house including me. No wonder Rishi loves her the most.

My tension increased as it was time to leave for chachi's place. I didn't want rishi to know about anything she does with us but..

Rishi's pov

I reached home and went straight to my room. I had already checked 15 missed calls of my wife and I had no plans of messing with her today. I have seen her mood swings during this time . She cries alot, she thanks me alot for the bare minimum I do and she scares me too. I had already informed her about the presentation being cancelled and she was really happy that she got a whole extra week for that. I entered the room and saw her getting ready for dinner at her chachi's place.She wore a blue silk saree, her nuptial chain adorned her neck and she still wears her churas which enhanced her beauty. Her jhunkaas are just perfect. Feels like she is the most beautiful woman of the world and.... And!..... And what?

Did I just check her out .. If she would know that she would probably kill me.. She will..

She turned back " Shall we postpone this dinner "

"I am sorry , I didn't pick up your calls but it's not like we should cancel it. " I tried to convince her.

"Umm it's.... It's not you... I... Just.. " She was hesitant.

" If u are still feeling unwell then we won't go, but we would definitely go see your gynecologist" I told her

" I am fine. Mr. Oberoi I haven't seen them in a while... I don't know how to face them".. She replied

" Butterfly, it's your own family and think how happy shalu will be after seeing you after a month" I told her and she nodded in a yes.

I went inside the washroom and soon got ready to leave..

"Chale Mrs. Oberoi?" ( shall we move Mrs Oberoi?). I asked her?

She nodded in yes. And we drove to her chachi's place she remained quite the entire time. And as soon as we reached the gate

. I saw her getting nervous. Nervous to meet her family? Why tho? I held her hand assuring I am there for her. She usually doesn't react to these things unless she's emotional. She tightened her grip on my hand and her hands were warm. This was the first time she made a move.. Move? Seriously Rishi! Where are these sinful thoughts coming from? She's nervous and you rather than finding why have dirty thoughts. I scolded myself. But she looks beautiful today.. I can't help.

She rarely wears a saree and today is the rare day... And I don't see anything wrong she's my wife. It part of the process after marriage..

Marriage?
Wife?
Process?
Are you drunk?
Shut the F up.

Pov ends.

Rishi entered the bajwa's residence holding Lakshmi's hands. Lakshmi's sister Shalu hugged her.

Shalu: Diii you came finally.. I missed you soo much..

Lakshmi hugged her: I missed you too baccha.

Rishi smiled seeing their sweet reunion.

Lakshmi's aunt Meena entered.

Meena : Arey Damaad ji agaye! ( oh!
son in law came)

Rishi touched her feet with Lakshmi.
Meena: may God bless you with a happy family.
Rishi looked at Lakshmi. She was awkward as usual. But it was clear that there is not a good equation between Lakshmi and her uncle and aunt.

Everyone sat for dinner.

Lakshmi: Umm. Chachi... Chachu won't join us today.

Meena: umm you.. Know he is busy with his work.. After all it's not at all easy to raise one's family
And a daughter who belongs to someone else. And in our case it's the two of you. Now you got married and settled with your rich in laws but what about your sister. We could have utilised her room for rent.

Lakshmi's tone change from calm to stressed : but chachi I had paid the rent for shalu's room.

Meena: so what? Her food expenses her clothing expenses and the electricity utilised by her.

Lakshmi : chachi we will talk about it later. I don't want any disturbance in front of my husband. He deserves peace atleast at dinner.

Meena: good then! After dinner rent a room for your sister too.

Lakshmi stood up from the table: Chachi please stop. I don't think you called us for dinner so u can discuss bills here.

Meena: definitely I did.. I called your husband too.. To prove that you are so irresponsible. You didn't pay the rent. And other expenses.
"Inke liye toh 80 hazaar koi badi baat nahi hogi na" ( for him giving 80 thousand won't be a big deal).

Lakshmi: chachi what about blood relations.?

Ravi (Lakshmi's chachu entered he was drunk) : blood relations died with my brother. Understood. I had called you several times to arrange for the money but what you said you need time. That why I called you with your husband. So I can bring forth the reality of yours.

Lakshmi had tears: I will pay your amount please.. Don't.. Please stop... Please.

Ravi: no... I have decided either you will give me 80 thousand right now or take away your sister with you.

Lakshmi: but chachu...

Ravi: Listen son in law I understand you are a very good person and u might have already given her 80 thousand rupees but let me tell you she didn't give that tlo us.. She might have spent it on herself... These types of girls are like this only. They steal and lie and live with you and take all your..

Rishi: enough uncle.. I didn't say anything till now because I thought it's your family matter but I won't keep quiet now kyuki baat meri izzat, meri biwi ki hai. (Coz now it's the matter of my respect, my wife).

Ravi: Your wife? Hahaha before that she's my niece and I will teach her a lesson.

Ravi raised his hand on Lakshmi but he fell down with a thud. Rishi was the one who had slapped him so hard.

Rishi roared: enough uncle enough...
meri biwi ko haath lagana toh dur kisi ne aankh utha kar bhi dekha na toh main uski jaan lene me bilkul bhi afsos nahi karunga.
(If anyone tried to touch my wife or even look at her . I won't mind taking that person's life)

Lakshmi looked at him with tears.

Rishi went out and came in a few seconds. He threw a bundle of notes on Lakshmi' aunty..

Meena: damad ji aap toh naraz hogaye! ( son in law you got offended)

Rishi: thank your stars. I was just offended. Otherwise your husband would have lost his life. Shalu pack your bags u won't live here anymore.

Rishi left the place with Lakshmi and shalu .

I know guys teaser wla part abhi bhi nahi dalaa maine. I know I am a very stupid writer but please trust me I would try my best to add that in the next one..

And today I am actually waiting for your comments and I will reply to all the comments. So any suggestions and queries are welcomed.

Thanks for reading.