chapter 32

Rishi's Pov
Chotu bhaiya shook me and brought me into my senses... I woke up and realized I slept praying in the temple it was still dark outside.

"How she's doing ,is she okay now?"

I asked him nervous.

Chotu bhaiya replied " The condition worsened she iis not yet conscious the poison is extracted but her fever isn't going down.

"Why it's always her" I thought. And then ran out to her room. She was sitting on her bed while the head  monk and sister Cynthia were there by her side. I stood beside her ... Her face all pale and hands cold as ice.
Pov ends

Sister Cynthia: the fever would soon go down don't worry child. She's an angel soul nothing bad will happen to her.

Head monk: the traditional pharmacist has treated her now we would be hosting a prayer service for her and get a man to do the coal  walk ritual. It has saved lives before and it will save her life.

Rishi: what ritual?

Sr. Cynthia: it's an old ritual where a man walks on burning coal which is upto a kilometre before the temple of Lord. If the man succeeded his wish is granted and the life of the person is saved.

Head monk: we need a man who can do it not for money..

Rishi: I will do it!

Sr. Cynthia: but son u just recovered from an accident ..

Rishi: sister u know how much I love her! If I can pretend to forget my family my name my everything I can even wipe of my existence for the sake of her life. I want to do the ritual no further questions and answers.

Rishi's pov
I never believed in God and in these rituals but I would go to any possible extent just for her!
The coal pathway was ready in front of me I didn't care if my feet burned into ashes my soul will still crave for my butterfly's well being. The monk gestured me to begin. As I stood on the burning coal my feet felt a burning sensation but it was nothing in front of her! The ritual continued I kept walking the monks and nuns supporting me and after struggling there for few minutes my feet felt no sensation which made me walk faster I could smell myself being roasted in the burning coal path. And as soon as I reached the end and kept my feet on the ground it hurted... Hurted like hell and maybe that's how my redemption towards her begins. I fell on the ground after losing balance. The monks  helped me to get up and they picked me to drop me at my room but I insisted on going to hers..I went inside with the monks sr. Cynthia still keeping a check on her fever.

(Sr Cynthia: she's lucky to have a loving man like u!

Rishi: luck is all mine that I hit a rock and got her back. )

I sat  beside her holding her hands. I was exhausted but as soon as I held her hand I felt like home. She's my home. And I love everything about her. I held her hands and rested my head on her shoulder nothing felt more peaceful than just staring at her face.

Pov ends

Lakshmi's pov
I opened my eyes and looked around. I found rishi sleeping on my shoulders holding my hands. The last thing I remembered is that I was bitten by a snake. And rishi called me.. That's it.. I got up from the bed and made rishi sleep on it. He looks tired. I noticed he had covered himself in a blanket. I went out when chotu bhaiya saw me and greeted me with his kind words. He thankes God for saving me and then Rishi.

" What did he do? " I knitted my eyebrows and asked.

Chotu bhaiya told me everything about yesterday... How he prayed for me at the temple and followed the oldest traditional ritual for saving me. I was taken aback, shocked.. Sr. Cynthia noticed me falling apart and she immediately held me and took me to the nearest room that was Rishi's.

(
Sr Cynthia: I guess he loves you!

Lakshmi: he doesn't... How could he love me it's just a month of us staying together here.

Sr. Cynthia: think of it just a month and he walked on burning coal then what about the rest of your life. He will love you forever like u deserve to be.

Lakshmi: sr Cynthia he isn't someone new . He is the man I came running from... He is my husband.... My past.... I can't believe that he can love me like he does anymore.... I can't love him anymore.... Love scares me... And after what he did for me... I am scared my love will be a threat to his life.

Sr. Cynthia: my child u weren't the only one suffering... He suffered without you too.. Imagine his condition.

Lakshmi : I know and that's why I don't want to scar him again. I left him because I wasn't enough for him. I didn't deserve him neither he deserved me.. We were just forced in each other's life and again the history repeats here.

Sr. Cynthia: It's called destiny... Think about it child..

)

I was looking around the room when sr. Cynthia was explaining me and I saw a canvas.. I believe it's the same in which he painted a portrait and called it butterfly.. I decided to show it to Sr Cynthia and tell her he forgot his butterfly and started to move onn with me..

( sr Cynthia: it's not like that child his mind might have forgot u but his soul didn't that's why he's reconnected to u!)

I removed the thin cloth from the canvas and what I saw was the end of me...
It was my own portrait he completed his portrait ans it was me..... He remembers everything... He remembers me.... Remembers us..

Sr Cynthia: he does but he pretended everything just to win you back... Don't leave him. He is sent to you through the will of God and we don't refuse his will.

I ran to my room for confronting him...

What's gonna happen next? !