chapter 15

Rishi's Pov
I drove back home and Lakshmi did not utter a single word. As soon as we entered the mansion she went straight up to her room. I thought she's in trauma of whatever happened so I went to console her. I saw her removing her jhumkaas and bangles in a hurry. I held her hand " Relax butterfly, please calm down"  I told her to which she looked at me in disbelief.

" Aap kya samjhte hai khudko? (Who do you think you are) "she asked brushing away my hand from hers.

" Lakshmi, why are you mad at me? "I questioned back.

" Because this heroic deed of yours wasn't required at all, who do you think you are Mafia king? Why did you beat that guy almost to death "she vented upon me

My anger was above the clouds" So what did you wanted me to do, to be the audience while that man forced you? Or you wanted to have something with that man? "I held her shoulders.

She was in tears and her voice crackled " What if he takes revenge from you? From me? From your family? Or from mine? "

" People like him just bark but never bite., but butterfly being a coward wasn't something I expected from you,you should have scolded me for not killing him but here you are" And I left the room making my way to the bar.

Pov ends.

It's morning Lakshmi came downstairs and saw Rishi sleeping on the sofa in the bar she was wearing a shawl as it was a cold morning. She removed her shawl and covered Rishi in that. And left.

Rishi woke up after a few minutes and  saw lakshmi's shawl, it had her scent. Soon The butler arrived with breakfast.

Rishi had his breakfast and asked about LakshmiButler: sir Ma'am is outside in the garden

Butler: sir Ma'am is outside in the garden.

Rishi went out and saw Lakshmi reading a book . He sat besides her. To which Lakshmi flinched.
Rishi: it's me butterfly. Why are you scared?

Lakshmi: I wasn't expecting you all of a sudden.

Rishi: next time. I will inform you.
He smiled

Lakshmi smiled back.

Rishi: finally you smiled. Otherwise yesterday you were a fireball

Lakshmi: Mr. Oberoi

Rishi: yes Mrs Oberoi.

Lakshmi: I was not angry.. I was scared.. I... I am scared.

Rishi: why butterfly?

Lakshmi: Mom and Dad had an accident that's what the world knows and says but I know it was a planned murder.

Rishi : what?

Lakshmi: Dad's rival once tried to make fun of mom in a party and dad was just like you. He beated the man and handed him to the police. And the man swore he would take revenge. And he did.. Yesterday I had flashes of the same event... Just like rohan came back... People come back for revenge.. They have came back always and snatched my everything from me.. I know I am your contract wife but I still can't lose you.

Rishi: I understand your concerns but he won't be back he is just an average guy.

Lakshmi: so was rohan.. And u took his girlfriend malishka from him. So maybe..

Rishi: if he comes back I will protect you from him and I promise u that end of discussion here..

It's been a week.
Rishi and lakshmi came back to India. And everything was in routine now. Lakshmi and rishi went to the office together and came back together. They started understanding each other and Rishi hadn't spoke to malishka for a month and she neither called him back.

Rishi's Cabin

Rishi: I have told you to stay away from sameer. He is not a great guy to be around.

Lakshmi: he is just a colleague. Mr. Oberoi for God's sake.

Rishi: what if he has a crush on you or something.?

"WHY DO YOU CARE!?  I AM JUST YOUR CONTRACT WIFE RIGHT! " Shouted a frustrated Lakshmi.

"YOU YOURSELF GAVE THE ANSWER YOU ARE MY CONTRACT WIFE, EVEN IF IT'S FOR SHOW, YOU ARE MINE AND I DON'T LIKE TO SEE MY POSSESSIONS DISOBEY ME" He said tightening his grip on her waist.

Lakshmi: Mr. Oberoi if someone saw us our marriage will be public.

Rishi: so what Mrs. Oberoi let that be.. Or wait you don't want sameer to know that right.. His little heart will be broken..

Lakshmi pushed him with all her might: You are the cheapest person alive on earth. You are doubting me? When you yourself have a girlfriend. You are just an insecure scumbag who wants his rights on both me and your Girlfriend. And you are calling me the same.

Rishi: Really? I am unaffected to you and your words.

Lakshmi: one day you will be too much affected and that day I won't give a single damn about you.

Rishi: you won't meet that sameer that's it. He is not good. I trust you but not him.

Lakshmi: The day you leave Malishka for me I will agree to not even look at sameer....

Lakshmi left the office and went back home.

Rishi called malishka but she didn't pick up the call he had called her several times but she didn't reply. Rishi drove to her home but the guards told him she was not there. And she has restricted him specifically to enter his property.

Rishi went to the bar and drank till he was drenched in alcohol. And he got involved in a fight with another guy who tried to mock him. Rishi went back home bruised and he went straight to his room and found Lakshmi waiting for him. He lost balance and Lakshmi held him.

Lakshmi: Mr. Oberoi!? Are u drunk!

Rishi: yes I am so.. Wh.. What?

Lakshmi: you're impossible! How did you get hurt.. My god what on earth did you do?

Rishi: I fought with a man now what!

Lakshmi: why?..

Rishi: stop asking stupid questions and leave me alone. I want to drink more alcohol. I need to.

Lakshmi: if you want to die try poison why are u killing yourself slowly..

She came with a first aid box and started dressing his wounds.

Rishi: poison... Sameer is the poison... Mrs. Oberoi  I know I don't love you I won't but when I saw you giggling with sameer my heart ached it hurts... I don't know why but it does.. I am sorry... I know how you must have felt when you saw me and malishka.. I didn't love you but you loved me so your pain might be stronger than mine.

Lakshmi: Mr. Oberoi you should sleep... We will talk about it later..

Rishi: no I won't I want to apologize to you butterfly. I am sorry I will divorce you tomorrow itself. My butterfly should be free...

Lakshmi: Rishi aunty ji is not well please don't to any such thing. She won't be able to handle it right now and there are just 6 months left please.

Rishi: okay. You are so good.. Still worried for my mom. I am a walking stone but I too get hurt butterfly. Please promise me you won't meet sameer again.

Lakshmi: rishi.. Relax... I won't ...did you have your dinner.

Rishi: I didn't. Because I knew you are waiting for me..

Lakshmi came back with dinner and fed Rishi.. Rishi behaving like a kid had his dinner and slept on Lakshmi's lap.

Teaser: ..

I told her our relationship has came to an end. I never loved her ... She had tears. I felt bad but she knew in fact I knew that too that we never had a future together.

Sorry for late updates.
I will update frequently from now on and by the first week of October we will reach the end of our story.