chapter 29

Lakshmi's pov
I splashed water over my face thrice and thought it's all a dream and soon this will end but I was wrong.. It didn't end but brought further chaos. The chaos I left five years ago my past.. Mr. Rishi Oberoi. It was just a normal day for me , I went on my evening stroll when a biker rushed and collapsed in front of the monastery's gate. I went to him and called for help it was HIM... My anxiety triggered and I had a panic attack when he was in my lap coughing blood. I saw people rushing out of the monastery to help me and I saw them taking him inside. And it all went blank
I woke up and saw Sister Cynthia next to me.

Sr. Cynthia: hey you okay my child?

Lakshmi: sister... Ri.. Rish... The guy who..

Sr. Cynthia: The child is fine now by God's grace. We treated him . He is unconscious thou. And has fractured his arm. He had injuries and I guess that's why U fainted there.

I nodded.

"Can I see him? " I asked.

Sr Cynthia took me to his room. He was sleeping. His condition was not good he wasn't the same person..the one I left...And as I turned back to leave from his room I heard something which made my heart shiver.

"Butterfly I am Sorry" In His weak voice  he mumbled in sleep.
I was in tears.. I didn't know why.
Sr. Cynthia told me to stay with him for a while as I saved him and seeing that he is fine won't trigger my anxiety anymore.

I sat beside the bed. And looked at his face. His beard has overgrown and so are his hairs. I wonder which shampoo he used ..they are silky.. He still has that peaceful aura .

"Why are you back again? , What have u done to yourself" I carresed his hair. Suddenly he jerked in his sleep and held my hand.

"Butterfly don't leave me... I am sorry" He still remembers me? Or is this  some other butterfly he's referring to.

I got up gently removing my hand from his. And I was again about to leave when I felt something held my dupatta.. Did he wake up? How will I face him?  I gulped and turned back and found my Dupatta stuck in his bracelet. I breathed in relief. I went to remove it when my heart shattered seeing his bracelet... It was my butterfly pendant.. The one I left with a letter. The same he gifted to me as a wedding gift.. He has wrapped it around his hand. I sat down in shock... Is he still not over me?..

I could not leave him this way. What if he needs something. I decided to stay overnight in his room.

Early morning.

Chotu Bhaiya came to his room and I left him. I can't face him... I don't want to... Before leaving his room chotu bhaiya handed me a phone that was Rishi's.. Curious about everything I opened it and the very first thing was my photo as his lock screen.. And then another photo as home screen wallpaper. I thought of contacting ayush Or any of his friends who could take him back without him noticing me.. I opened his iMessage and the last text was sent to my old number.. The one I lost when I survived the bus accident.

Message
Butterfly I know I did the worst thing but please don't punish me like this.. Please return back.. I promise to change myself.. I left the mafia culture.. I have opened a Dog Ngo in place of it so that all the members of the mafia company are employed.. I will never trouble you again please come back.. Your Curse is working.. I AM DYING DUE TO LACK OF LOVE. PLEASE COME BACK.

He has sent me messages like these for the past 5 years. My heart broke again.. Is he really waiting for me ?

Sr. Cynthia: My child we need to organize a prayer for the man we found yesterday..

I frowned: why what happened to him?

Sr Cynthia: he is critical . Father Peter has taken him to the extensive care hospital of the monastery.

The monastery where I lived in was a huge one it was spread in 100kms wide range and I couldn't think of anything else... I ran to the monastery hospital and it was quite far.. Really far.. I didn't care... I reached the place and found Father Peter talking to the head doctor.

Fr. Peter: Lakshmi? What are you doing here child?

Lakshmi: Father... The.... Guy... We.. We rescued...

Fr Peter: sorry to tell you... We didn't notice there was an internal head injury
The doctors are trying there best.

I went inside the ward and saw him on the bed. He has again brought chaos to my life. My heart aches.. He is not fine and somewhere I am responsible for this too.

"Why did you come back again!, To break my heart again? To leave me crying?... Why did you come back when everything was over... Did you come back to take revenge? Or to make me realize that I still love you?!. I broke crying on his chest..

I felt a hand on my back.. The same hand.. He woke up...

" Ri... Rishi... " I looked at his face.. His pale yet beautiful brown orbs..

" Who? " He said.

"Rishi... You.. It's me.. Your. But.. " I spoke..

"Who are you madam? "He spoke and I felt my world crashed.