Chapter 9: The Forest

I don't have much to put here, but I'm thinking. After I write this book, I will write another. It may be a sequel to this, or another I am not ready to talk about. :) Lets start the chapter now, eh?

_______________________________________________________________

The Guardian's POV

Chaxzhia sat down with TR's help and TR asked if he should give her a minute, she replied with a shaky yeah. I saw the book, so I knew it wasn't TR's fault, but my protective instincts still took over. My anger flared as I watched TR slink away to another part of the library.

"N/N? N/N, come. Please!" Chaxzhia begged to the silence.

I responded immediately and walked over to her, I put a reassuring arm around her shoulder as I sat down next to her. She rests her head on my shoulder (NOT A SHIP, JUST SIBLING-LIKE LOVE) as I grabbed her hand.

"There, there, Chaxzhia. I know, it hurts. I think about them sometimes as well." I say, even though I knew she couldn't hear me because of that stupid, wretched curse. 

Whoever was in charge of deciding what curse should be made for becoming a Guardian with no blood-line or ceremony sure did a great job. It was incredibly annoying. I sighed, thinking about Nyer, Chaxzhia's father, and Ba Ba, my adoptive father. I wonder what it would be like in heaven, and if the rebels were up there too. Hopefully not, I brush my thoughts away to Chaxzhia looking at me like she heard me speak for the first time in 6 years.

"You- you spoke." She stuttered.

I retracted my hands from her as I shoot up straight, backing away from her like she hadn't showered in years.

"NO, no, I didn't speak. Because, 'cause you can't hear me right now. It's a DREAM. NO ONE WILL EVER HEAR ME SPEAK AGAIN! NEVER, NEVER BECAUSE OF THAT ငတုံးကျိန်စာ။ ငါထာဝရတစ်ယောက်တည်းနေမယ်။ ထာဝရ! ထာဝရ!!!" I started to shout and yell, reverting back into my native tongue. "Never, never again."

I crumpled to the floor, and Chaxzhia ran over to me. She was beaming brightly, her face like true sunshine.

"You can speak, you spoke ငါချစ်သောညီမ။ ငါ မင်းကို ကြားနိုင်တယ်။ ကျိန်ခြင်းကို ရုပ်သိမ်းလိုက်ပါပြီ။" She exclaimed joyfully, hugging me as she brought me to my feet. (I know you're probably wondering what language this is. I can't tell you because I need to save it for later)

"But now I can't say rude things to people without them hearing me anymore..." I grumbled, frowning when I realized I would need to be extra careful around those ကျူးကျော်၊, in case they asked me a question I would feel the need to retort sharply to, like I usually do.

Chaxzhia giggled brightly, bringing my thoughts back to her like sunshine.

"N/N, why do you always look for the bad things in life. You can speak now!" Chaxzhia exclaimed, giggling as she wrapped me in her arms, I jolted back in anger, and Chaxzhia instantly remembered my, sometimes, short fuse, and held her hands up in surrender.

"I could always speak, you just couldn't hear!" I yelled, storming off.

"N/N!" Chaxzhia called after me, but she didn't chase me down. Cha was always great at knowing what people need when they're upset, and I needed space. Besides, Cha already knows where I was going (Cha is the Guardian's nickname for the queen, and the Guardian is Y/N).

I ran up stairs and down hallways, dashing through doorways as soldiers and servants look at me bemused. I didn't care. I ran down the paths and across little gardens. Wuwatha was a place I've always known. It was my home, and I knew every streets name.