Connect the dots

People hadn't had much to do. Halloween had passed by, Christmas exams were still a month away and the next Quidditch match was a week away. It was Gryffindor against Ravenclaw. Gryffindor's team captain (Angelina Johnson) was no one to mess with if it involved her team (especially this close to a match). 

So that is what the Hadrian, Pietro and Artemis were doing. They were in Quidditch practice, doing small matches, passing the quaffle around, and that is when Hadrian saw it. On Artemis' wrist was the exact same tattoo that he had. A green lightning with a black paw on top of it. 

And that is when the chaos began. Hadrian got disrtacted by it, stopped paying attention and didn't see the bludger coming at top speed towards him. The bludger had been thrown by one of the Weasley Twins and it hit Hadrian right on the left knee, shattering all the bones on that leg. Hadrian howled in pain and slid of his broom and started to free fall, the ground growing closer by the second. Pietro and Artemis urged their brooms to go faster as they flew towards Hadrian's limp form (still free falling) and managed to grab him by his shirt just before he hit the ground. 

Before anyone had time to panic (and land) Artemis levitated him and took him to the hospital wing as fast as she could while Pietro went to get his parents, Wanda and the Lupin-Black's. 

Just as Artemis had lowered Hadrian's limp form on to a bed and Madam Pomfrey came running towards them, all the remaining Black's opened the doors with a BOOM and barged in at top speed. 

"What has happened to my son?!" Natasha asked threateningly to anyone that dared answer.

"It happened during quidditch practice, mom. A bludger hit him on the left knee and he fell of his broom and just before he hit the ground Artemis and me caught him." Pietro answered her. 

Artemis had sat down on a chair next to Hadrian's bed and was holding one of his hands in hers while using her other hand to gently stroke his sweaty hair away from his eyes and forehead, whispering words of comfort to a wimpering and groaning Hadrian.

"Mate..." Hadrian muttered low enough for only Artemis to hear before his eyes rolled to the back of his head and he fell unconcious. 

"Oh dear Merlin someone help him!" Atremis cried as his hand fell limp from hers. 

Before Madam Pomfrey could even take a step closer to the unconcious boy, Natasha grabbed her by the wrist and turned the medi-witch to face her. "You won't touch a single hair from any of my children."

Natasha went up to Hadrian, checked his breathing and pusle and then turned to Regulus. "Go for Bruce, he should be able to fix this."

Without a minute to hesitate, Regulus used the floo network to bring Bruce with all of the necessary equipment that he would need to fix Hadrian up. Bruce set to work the minute that he arrived, he made everyone except Natasha and Regulus leave. 

The proccess of what Bruce had done to Hadrian hadn't taken more than an hour but Bruce refused to let anyone in before his patient woke up on his own acord. 

\|/ \|/ \|/ mEaNwHiLe WiTh ThE oThErS \|/ \|/ \|/

Remus, Sirius, Artemis, Teddy, Wanda and Pietro slowly made their way to Remus' and Sirius' room, not having the energy to do much more. Once they entered their room, Sirius sat on a beanbag with Teddy on top of him, Wanda layed on the bed with Pietro by her side and Remus sat on a armchair with Artemis curled up like a cat on his lap.

There were a few minutes of silence (in which Pietro nearly fell asleep) before Artemis broke it. "Hadrian told me something before he fell unconcious." Everyone looked at her, wanting more details. "I mean... I don't know if he was telling me, but I was the only one with him at the moment. So I don't know if it was directly for me or if he wanted me to tell someone else or-"

"Artemis," Sirius interrupted her, "We know that you're upset, we all are, but you rambling won't help us right now."

"Right, yeah. He said mate, I know it probably doesn't mean anything at all, but yeah."

Wanda and Pietro looked at each other. If anyone else had been looking at them, it would have seemed as if they were having a mental conversation. They were making faces at each other, nodding, shaking their heads until it seemed that they came to an agreement. 

"The four of you know that this summer we went through our creature inheritance, right?" Wanda started, confusing everyone but they nodded either way. "I'm a siren, Pietro is a veela and Hadrian is a demon-"

"Oh why don't you go straight to the point!" Pietro interupted her, "Artemis, what's your creature?"

"How do you know? I never told you!" Said girl protested.

"Just tell us!"

"Werewolf. But as I was born as one I am able to control certain things about it,"

"Show us your mate tattoo," Pietro asked her slowly.

With a little sigh, Artemis pulled up the sleeve of her jumper and showed Wanda and Pietro exactly what they were waiting to see.

"You are Hadrian's mate."

________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone! Thank you so much to all of those who have voted this story and to those that haven't thanks for the views! I'm so sorry for not publishing during the summer but I hadn't even had the chance to write. I will try to fall back into a rutine and publish once a week.

Thank you all!

L.Lupin ❤️💚💙💛