Chapter 6: I had way way too much

Now you can hear giggling, a girls giggling to be exact, and it's coming closer.

"See Tom, told you she'd be asleep." Came a familular voice, followed by a few muffled giggles.

Teresa.

"At least I'll be comfortable this time, last time you ended up zonking out on me and my butt went numb from leaning against that tree all night." Exclaimed another voice in a joking manner, clearly a boys voice.

Thomas.

Oh no, you think, I'm gonna have to pretend I'm asleep throughout this whole thing..

You dare yourself to peek through your left eye, seeing Teresa laying on Thomas in her hammock, facing each other. Unfortunately for you, they start whispering cheesy romantic stuff to each other, their faces barely inches apart.

"I love you my little runner." She cooed, slipping her hands around his neck and smiled.

"I love you too you little track-hoe." He replied with the same tone of voice, one hand rested on her hip, the other hand cupping her cheek. You had to admit, they were cute, but extremely cheesy - cringe-worthingly cheesy.

It reminded you of Minho. What if you and Minho were like that when you were together..? You shuddered. No way were you that cringey. You refused to believe it.

You heard them talking about doing this more often - sneaking to her hammock every night - when Teresa abruptly shushed him. Making him look at her, confused. She started talking, but in a whisper.

"Hey Tom?"

You held your breath.

"Yeah?"

"Do you really think she's asleep?"

"Whyd'ya think that?"

"I keep seeing her like twitchin' or somethin', out of the corner of my eye. It's weird."

You froze. They were gonna find out you were half eavesdropping, half trying to ignore them and go to sleep. You hoped she would just get over it and the two would go to sleep. You were getting sick of this.

"She looks like she's sleepin' to me. C'mon." He says in a pleading tone. She smiles at him before he returns it, pulling her face closer to his before their lips connect.

That's when you look away, barely wanting to be there right then. The sounds of their kisses filled the air, and it made you want to cover your ears, to escape.

The sounds got more and more intense as the minutes drew longer. You couldn't take it. You needed to get away. Had to.

So, you dared to peek through your half opened eyes at the two, seeing that they were fully engrossed in each other, eyes closed. Carefully, you twist your legs to the right, closing your eyes as your feet made contact with the ground, anticipating the crunch of leaves beneath you. But there was no sound. You let out a shaky breath of relief, slowly lifting yourself off the hammock. You could still hear them, the sounds getting louder and even more un bearable.

One step after the other, you made your way out into the open air of the glade, the sounds of Thomas and Teresa fading with every step.

The glade was so silent. All you could hear was the distant screeching of stone against stone - though you weren't sure what it was - and far away moans and cries coming from behind the walls. Something about this place was eerily weird.

You walked towards the tall treehouse that stood on the outskirts of the forest. As you got closer it seemed to loom taller and taller. Briefly glancing around to check if anyone saw you, you began to climb the tall structure.