TST: Authors Rant

Sorry that this isn't an update guys, chapter 8 is on its way I promise.

But I went to see The Scorch Trials yesterday, all hyped up and excited about it, I mean I'd been counting down from 100 days, I was literally sat, front row seat, squealing in my chair.
Especially when I saw all the baes on screen again, Minho, Newt, Thomas.. Too much perfection.. Wait I'm getting off track here.

I have to say that yes, the effects and setting and characters were perfectly played and portrayed (especially Ponytail, she was exactly how I imagined her), I was impressed by how much work the team must have put into making everything seem so real.

But, BUT, I was so disappointed and annoyed at how different the film was to the book! I'm sorry if some of you haven't seen it yet, but I mean, IF YOU'RE GOING TO BASE A FILM OFF OF A BOOK, YOU AT LEAST HAVE TO FOLLOW THE BASIC STORYLINE!!

First off, the start of the film is completely different, I mean, it was effective I have to admit.
But they seem to meet Rat Man right away, taken somewhere where there were other mazes? Wasn't there only two? What happened to the people who saved them being hung up outside the dorms and the cranks screaming through the bars? They completely missed out the scorch being phase 2 and all that scary stuff that happened in the pitch black tunnel after they go through the flat trans, and that blob of molten molten metal that just burned peoples heads off? It makes it look like it was Thomas & the gladers' idea to go into the scorch, when really in the book, they had no choice! They just decided to try to find The Right Arm, which if I remember correctly AREN'T EVEN MENTIONED UNTIL THE DEATH CURE!

Secondly, Teresa was there with them, instead of with group B, they didn't kidnap Thomas and tie him to a tree and interrogate him, nor did Teresa take him to that cave thing with Aris all because of an act. Teresa didn't even betray him like she did in the book, we're left in the film hating her never truly understanding why she did it, whereas in the book, we understand a little bit more.

Minho gets taken by WCKD? Sorry what? I thought we were basing this off a book?

And then Winston dies? And where's the rest of group B? The only girls there were Harriet and Sonya..

AND THEY DON'T MEET JORGE AND BRENDA IN THE CITY? AND WHAT HAPPENED TO ROSE TOOK MY NOSE I SUPPOSE, AND IT REALLY BLOWS?! AND WHAT ABOUT BLONDIE AND TALL & UGLY AND THOMAS GETTING SHOT BY BLONDIE? AND THEN WCKD FLYING IN TO SAVE HIS BUTT BECAUSE HE WASN'T SUPPOSED TO DIE FROM AN INFECTED BULLET WOUND BECAUSE HE'S ONE OF THE MAIN CONDIDATES?

THEY EVEN END DIFFERENTLY!! I AM SO ANNOYED!

I get that they have to turn a 360 page book into a 120 page script, BUT I MEAN DID THEY HAVE TO MAKE IT SEEM LIKE A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STORY?

Literally the only things the same were the characters, the setting, and when Minho got struck by lightning. That's like the only main things that they kept the same.

Ugh I really hope they make up for that when The Death Cure comes out, in 2017. Because believe me they have a lot to make up for.

Okay I think I'm done. My god I was so pissed. I still am tbh.

But yeah sorry, I just had to vent all that out.

Picture for this update is of TBS and Dyl, two of my favourite people ever ;)

See you next update! <3

14/09/15