Chapter 20: Forget

Warning: some sexy shit in this chapter, y'all better be at least 16 or have a bible with you :)

A/N

--To anyone confused about the whole WCKD thing in Y/N's POV, what's happening is she's remembering what happened before the maze, because she was stung. That's what the griever (venom?) does whilst the victim is passed out, supposedly triggers memories to come back. WCKD haven't captured her or anything, she's recovering in the homestead in the Glade. I didn't want to start writing the stuff that happened in the past in italics because I didn't want to make it obvious n kinda wanted you guys to figure it out, but just in case anyone's still confused, I thought I'd put this lil explanation in here ^^--

Thought we'd look at Newt and Ki-Tae's relationship a little more :) y'all must be bored of this shit with you and Minho lmao (I'm jk but we gotta change this up y'know?) I also just got done reading a VKook fic and I need to write something that's not straight real quick lol, so there's some gay up ahead :)

Also wanted to point out that when I first introduced Ki-Tae I wasn't an ARMY, or like not very familiar with BTS anyways, but yeah I never realised that he could literally be Ki(m) Tae(hyung) y'all I'm shaken this can't be a coincidence lmao.

Anyways enjoy the chapter ^-^

"You'll get her back, and then you'll have all the time in the world with her. I promise."

~3rd person POV

"Newttt," came a whine from Ki-Tae, who was chosen to be a track-hoe with Newt. A coincidence that had both boys quite excited.

"What is it, Tae?" He grinned, watching as Ki-Tae struggled to shovel the heavy spade-fulls of dirt out of the ground.

"It's so hot today! How am I supposed to work in this heat?" He pouted, and Newt felt butterflies in his stomach. Why was he so adorable?

Newt laughed, "we can go take a break if you want, it's pretty much time anyways. Dirt's not gonna go anywhere." He chuckled to himself as he watched Ki-Tae push his shovel into the ground, smiling widely and celebrating to himself.

"Treehouse?" He questioned, and Newt pretended to think for a second before responding in a sarcastic tone, "wow, I never would've thought of that. Tae you're a bloody genius."

Ki-Tae was quick to swat his arm, grinning. "You say that like you're joking, but we both know it's true!" Newt just shook his head, feigning disagreement.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night," Newt smirked, noticing how Ki-Tae looked down, a faint red colouring his cheeks. "What's that, quiet all'a sudden?" He provoked, nudging him with his elbow. Ki-Tae just laughed quietly, shaking his head slightly.

They eventually reached the ladder to their often frequented treehouse, and Ki-Tae gestured for Newt to go first. As they were halfway up the ladder, Ki-Tae called out "yup. I know what helps me sleep at night."

He could practically hear the smirk on his face. Newt, confused for a second, stopped to look over his shoulder and saw Ki-Tae giving him a cheeky wink. "view's nice, hm?" he commented, clearly eyeing up Newt's ass.

Newt turned back around, blushing profusely. "I can't believe you.." he mumbled, embarrassment consuming him until he reached the top. He swore he could've heard Ki-Tae say and I can't believe you're flirting with me to himself.

"I'll have you thrown in with the bloody grievers if you're not careful.." Newt teased, having regained some of his composure. The confidence was short lived, because then Ki-Tae was right in front of him, head tilted up slightly to accommodate their height difference.