Chapter 8: I didn't know you could cook

"I wanted to do that ever since I first shucking saw you."

You blushed, thinking about what happened an hour or so ago as you sat down to eat what looked like watery porridge.

"What's got you all flustered this fine, mornin'?" Asked Newt, his eyebrows raised as he sat across from you.

You glanced up, then down and then immidiately back up again. Your head wasn't clear and you didn't hear a word Newt had said.

"What?"

He laughed. "Something must've happened for you to be so distant." He paused, taking in your confused expression. "Did you see Minho naked or somethin'?" Newt said jokingly, but his face then grew serious again as he noticed the look on your face that must've said 'oh shuck.. I've been found out..'

"So you did? What the bloody hell were you doing spying on Minho?"

"I- I wasn't, he just.." Suddenly the image of Minho's tanned chest popped into your mind. "Godamnit." You hissed under your breath, frustrated, and you accidentally kicked out with your foot under the table, hitting what felt like a soft table leg.. Oh wait..

"Shucking- What the hell Y/N!" Newt shrieked, bringing his leg up to his chest and clutching it.

"I'm so sorry! Newt oh my god!" You bite your lip, immediately feeling bad for it. "Are you okay?"

He winced, closing his eyes. "Yeah. I'm fine."

~~

"You want to try helping me cook?" Asked Frypan, glancing up at you from where he was rinsing some vegetables for the gladers' dinner.

"Yeah, Newt said-" You started, but he cut you off.

"I know what Newt said, greenie. Go wash your hands and I guess I'll find something you can help with."

You nodded and walked round outside of the small shack and twisted the clean water tap, letting the cool liquid wash over your skin. You saw a bar of yellowy looking soap sat just above the tap and picked it up, scrubbing your hands with it. A scent drifted to your nose and you smiled. This must've been the same soap Minho used to shower with this morning, you thought to yourself and smiled even more. He must hate running around a stupid maze every d-

"What're you smilin' at?" Frypan shouted, "hurry up and get over here, I got some veggies for you to peel."

You sighed and rolled your eyes, as you walked back inside the shack, wiping your wet hands down your trousers. You stood, a little nervous behind him and he proceeded to show you how to peel a potato. It looked simple enough.

"You think you can handle it greenie?" He questioned, raising his eyebrows at you.

"What, are you serious? I'm peeling potatoes not performing delicate surgery." You muttered, picking up the knife Frypan had been using and began dragging it down the edge of the potato's skin.

He laughed, shooting you a joking glare. "Minho's sass rubbing off on you already huh."

You smirked a little to yourself, not really paying full attention to where the knife was. You looked down, thinking about earlier, his sweet lips touching yours. How you wished you could kiss them all day. Maybe later you would get him to kiss you agai-

"Ahh!" You cried out, dropping the knife onto the table as you grabbed your left hand with your right, pressing your thumb over where you accidentally cut yourself. Frypan raised an eyebrow at you from across the room before walking over, gripping your hand to inspect the damage.