Chapter 13: Well.. I just..

Just letting you know you may want to read the A/N at the end (I'm not 100% sure why tho) if you're usually the type to skip them. Enjoy!

Then she brought her sweet lips to his. He had never felt more human.

~Y/N

Somehow you'd managed to wake up before Minho, and you gazed up at his sleeping face, admiring him almost. He seemed really distant yesterday, even if he had kissed you back. He said he was feeling ill, maybe that was what it was. You sighed. Being a runner's girl was hard.

Having a boyfriend that you only see in the evenings, having a constant worry that he won't make it back from the maze, that he could get injured and stuck in there overnight. No one survives a night in the maze. Your eyes began to tear up with the thought of Minho not getting back in time, thoughts of him dying. You buried your head into his neck and clutched him tightly. You couldn't lose him. You were probably making his shoulder wet with your silent tears but you couldn't help it. He meant so much to you.

"Y/N?" His soft, morning voice whispered to you. (f*ck Minho's morning voice can you imagine)

You froze up immediately, continuing to cling onto him.

"Hey, what's wrong? Are you crying?" His voice was a little louder this time, and he sat up slightly. He tried to cup your cheek but you kept it buried in his shoulder so he just held you to him, one hand stroking your hair, the other gripping your back. You continued to sob gently into his neck for a few more minutes before your eyes were dry and your nose was runny. Almost forgetting that Minho was still in fact comforting you, you felt your eyelids droop.

"Y/N?" Your eyes snapped open, and you pulled away slowly from his neck. Your eyes were probably red and puffy from crying, but you didn't really care.

"What happened?" His voice was soft and gentle, his eyes filled with worry and concern. "You can tell me anything, just know I'm always listening." He continued to stroke your hair and you took a deep breath. Your voice was quiet, Minho almost didn't hear you.

"Please, please don't go into the maze today, Minho."

"Huh? What's made you say that?" He was genuinely confused but kept his voice to a low volume - people around you were still asleep.

"Just.. Say you can't go out today. Say you're ill, come stay with me at the med-jacks. Please." You were practically begging him now, bad feelings spreading in your gut. Maybe you were being too cautious, but who knew. Always go with your gut feeling, right?

~Minho

He felt so helpless with this small girl cuddled up to him, pleading with him not to go into the maze. Something he'd done every day for the past two years. Minho was always dedicated to being a runner even before he was appointed the role as Keeper. But as soon as he saw how much pain was in Y/N's eyes, he knew he was fighting a losing battle. Besides, his mind said, you'd get to spend the whole day with her!

He sensed her about to plead with him some more but he stopped her with one of his kisses. It was passionate, the type that fills you to you fingertips and makes your toes curl. When he sadly parted their lips, he smiled gently at her.

"Shh, It's okay. I'll stay."

And stay was exactly what he did.

~~

~Y/N

"That's not fair!" Cried Teresa, "How come Minho doesn't have to go into the maze but Tom does?"

Alby looked blankly at her, he had never really liked her since she got there from what Minho told you. He replied, "Is Thomas ill? Did he nearly faint yesterday? No. So shut your little shuck mouth and get to work like the rest of us."