Chapter 4

Authors note-You guys seem to amaze me every time I check up on this story. Wow 187 views!! I love you guys sooo freaking much! So here is the well waited chapter 4! Happy Reading!-Zenovia

Armin's POV

Chapter 4

Time seemed to blow away like the leaves on the trees. Eren and I had become so close with each other over the past month. He kept me level whenever I would feel unbalanced, and I would insure that he kept out of any trouble. Over the month, I learned that Eren was somewhat ADHD and ADD. I had to make sure not to give him any sugar if we were hanging out at night because it was like the boy did not have an off switch. He would just keep talking like it was his last day on Earth, and he had to spill all of his deep, dark secrets. Although, I loved it whenever he talked. He spoke with so much enthusiasm and excitement. He would look me straight in the eyes, and he would sometimes grab me by my shoulders and shake me like a rag doll just to get his point across.

He would tell me the funniest things, but sometimes the more somber things as well. I soon learned that he had an adopted sister, Mikasa. She went to a private school only about an hour away. But he told me that when the two were younger, they had to face seeing Eren's mom fight a hard battle with Cancer. Apparently, she fought for many years, and sometimes, there were days that would seem like she wasn't in the hospital at all, she seemed like the next day, she would be able to finally go home to be with her children. But when Eren was about fifteen, his mother finally ended her battle with Cancer the hard way. When Eren told me this, his eyes seemed darker than usual. It was if he was traveling back to the time when his mom was in pain and agony. My heart seemed a little bit heavier when I saw him like this. This wasn't a type of Eren that I was used to seeing. He was usually always so optimistic and eager to do anything, but watching him look off into space like this, broke my heart a little bit. He continued to tell me that when his mom passed away, Mikasa and Eren had to go live with there an excuse for a father. For the rest of Eren's teenage life, he had to fend for himself, but his sister was always there every step of the way with him. Eren also got picked on a little during high school, but not to the point of my tormenting. Many people would call him a 'Spaz' or 'Control Freak' and one time, he did get called the horrible 'F' word. He got into many fights in school, but since he had just recently lost his mother, the school pushed it under the rug, and said that he was "still in the grieving process."

His father called him the "troubled child" and that he would be glad the second Eren moved out of the house. And that's exactly what he did. He moved far away from his father and Mikasa followed him as well. From what Eren told me, the two siblings were very close and protective of each other. If one of them were ever in some kind of trouble, the other would be there by them, no matter what the situation. Eren told me that once Thanksgiving break was in motion, I should be able to formally meet her.

Before we went back to our separate dorms, after we would finish talking, we would just hug each other. We would stand there at the doorway and pull into a tight embrace. I would rest my head into the crook of his neck and he would seem to hold me just the slightest bit tighter, as if he was afraid I would disappear into smoke. I would take a deep breath in, and I would catch a smell of a mixed odor of incense and chocolate, that could only be described as Eren's cologne. Breathing in that sweet air made my stomach do somersaults. Then we would pull away from each other, and we would look into each others eyes, and Eren would utter out a small "Thank you Armin, for always listening."

And that would be the end of the night, but for some reason, every time I walked back to my dorm, I couldn't stop thinking of Eren. He was like a photograph that was embedded into my mind so that I wouldn't forget him. My stomach kept tossing and turning, and I just thought that I must be getting sick or something because I have never felt this certain sensation.