Chapter 24

A/N-Wow...just wow. You guys have really been eating up this story! I'm so happy right now you guys cannot fathom how I feel. Sadly however, there's still more angst to be written. Sorry not sorry ;) But remember to keep commenting and favoring the story, and if you have any fan art of your favorite scenes or questions for me, just hit up my Tumblr! I love you all and thanks so much for over 14k reads and over 1k of votes! So without further waiting, here's chapter 24, Happy Reading!-Zenovia

Chapter 24

Armin's POV

Darkness is something to be expected out of the world. Everything good can easily be overshadowed by our fears, anxieties, and actions. Darkness swallows up any hope that we have left inside of our bodies, until we're just a shell of nothingness.

Darkness was the first thing I saw.

Soon after Eren's screams of finding me on the brink of death went away, I drifted off into what I thought could've possibly been death. I opened my arms out for it to take me as its guest, but things didn't go exactly how I expected them to.

My world collapsed on me, and I felt nothing. It was almost peaceful in a sense, all of the pain from my wrist soon went away, and better yet, the pain in my heart was washed away by the everlasting darkness as well. Even though people say that this overwhelming amount of darkness is horrible, I think that it's somewhat comforting. I'm ready to die. I've already come to terms that there's nothing for me if I keep on living. Nobody really will care in a year or two. They all forget eventually, and at least I'll be able to be with my mom and dad, but as I start to look around, there's no sight of a dead family member anywhere.

This has to be death, right? I didn't go through all of that effort for nothing.

I can't go back.

I can't look people in the eyes and tell them what I did was wrong because I don't think it was wrong. It was the only option left that I had. There was no other way of getting rid of the thoughts in my head, or the images that will be imbedded into my memories for the rest of my time. The pills no longer worked, small cuts weren't going to help. I needed to end all of this torture inside my mind.

It's still black. Nobody has come for me yet, and now I'm getting worried. I need to die, there has to be something or somewhere I can go to be at peace.

Then, there is light.

A large white blinding light that makes me squint my eyes shut in fear of going blind; if that's even possible, but the feeling is different this time. I feel almost like a part of me is being taken away, as if my soul is leaving my body to make me feel empty, and for a moment, I hear weeps and cries before I open my eyes, and when I do, my breath catches in my throat as I see long dark hair and bright blue eyes like mine, and they're staring right back at me.  

She's standing right in front of me as if she's alive. She looks exactly like she did on the day she left me. Tears soon start to water in my eyes, and I can't help but run at full speed to go and hug her. My mother, is standing right in front of me.

Her arms curl around my small frame and pull me into the warmest and most comforting hug I've ever had. I've missed hugs like these for so long. The tears cascade down onto my cheeks, and a surprisingly warm hand reaches up and wipes them gently away. There's sadness and yet happiness in her blue eyes.

"My strong boy. Oh, how I've missed you so." She says softly. I quickly bite my lip at the sound of her voice, its sweet and loving, but has a strong tone to it. I'd almost forgotten what it sounded like, but hearing it now, well it's almost like she never went away.