Chapter 13

A/N- 1,000 reads?!?! I love all of you so damn much, it hurts! Thank you all so much, and I will definitely be writing a lot more in this little drabble of mine ;) So as always, Happy Reading!-Zenovia 

Armin's POV

Chapter 13

The colors red and green were strung everywhere around the campus a day before Christmas break. Blankets of snow covered the grounds of the school in a winter wonderland, and water had become ice sculptures in the fountains. Although, all of this beautiful scenery was hidden behind shaded windows, and pencil shavings. All of my friends and I were cooped up in stuffy classrooms finishing all of our finals, waiting to finally be released from this torture. It was absolutely exhausting, but just thinking about the freedom I would have after all of this was over, is what was pushing me to fill in more of the answers on my final. Every time I checked the time on the clock above the whiteboard, it seemed as if the hands on the clock were pushed backwards. I groaned silently at how cruel time was being to me. 

I went from class to class, finishing out whatever finals the teachers threw at me. Then finally, I was at my last class, and last final for the semester. I strode into the English building, with my head held high. Since Professor Petra gave us an efficient amount of time to complete our final, all I had to do in the class was to edit any grammatical errors I had. By the end of the class period, I had finally turned in my fifteen to twenty page final. I raced out of that classroom like I was the Flash. I just wanted to get to my dorm and to never look at another note card again. As I was trying to run through all of the snow on the sidewalk, I felt a small vibration from inside my jean pocket. I stopped running and dug into my pocket to see was caused the vibration. 

From Eren: Hey, you done with finals yet?

I took off my gloves and replied to the brunette.

To Eren: Yeah, just got done. Why do you ask?

I started to walk back to my dorm, when I felt the vibration again.

From Eren: Meet me at your dorm room in five minutes! I will explain later. 

"Here we go." I said to myself. Once I finally got back to my dorm, and unlocked the door, I saw that Eren had already situated himself on my bed. "Finally! It took you forever to get here!" Eren said jokingly. I rolled my eyes at him, and put my backpack on the floor. "Alright, Eren. What do you have in mind for today?" I questioned the brunette. Eren stood up from the bed and said "You like shopping right?" I was a little confused at what he was trying to get at, but I still nodded my head in response. Eren's grin widened "Time for a new adventure my friend!" He said enthusiastically. "But what about the gift exchange tonight?" I asked. "Don't worry, we will be back before it starts. I just wanted to spend some time with you before we had to hang out with everybody else." Eren's eyes seemed to gleam after he said that. The ocean waves in my stomach, were conjuring up a storm. I sighed at Eren and agreed to go shopping with him before the gift exchange.

We got into his truck and started our next little adventure. We jammed out to the radio all the way to the mall downtown. Although, we almost got into a car accident when Eren was head banging too much when the song "Handlebars" by the Flobots, came on. That little 'near death experience' drove us into a fit of laughter after we were in the clear. We finally got to the mall without any dents in Eren's truck. We walked through the sliding doors, and were hit with the smells of cheap perfume and cleaning products. There were many more people than we thought would be there because of the holiday's and everything, so we tried to avoid all of the big brand name stores for a little while.

We strolled through the food court, and we even went to Build A Bear, just for fun of course. At one point, when we were walking through the halls, going from store to store, mine and Eren's hands accidentally brushed up against each other. I looked into his emerald eyes, that were looking right back at mine. I could see a little blush start to creep up on his ears and cheeks before we both looked away. We were both looking to see if any stores interested us. I was looking at all the stores all around us, when I finally found the best store of all time for a geek like me. Hot Topic. My eyes grew wide, and before I knew it, I was grabbing at Eren's wrist, pulling him towards the direction of my favorite store.