Chapter 11

Armin's POV

Chapter 11

"Deck the halls with boughs of finals"  is how the Christmas carol should have been written. Ever since the month of December started, my brains have been working on high gear trying to study for my upcoming finals before Christmas break. I'm pulling A's in all of my classes, but my finals could either make or break my grades. I haven't been able to have a normal sleep schedule in who knows how long. Truthfully, I have only been consuming coffee and sugar, in hopes of staying awake for all of my classes, then finishing homework the second I get back to my dorm. I know that I probably will crash and burn the second I hand in my last final, but until that moment arrives, dry eyes and coffee stains on t-shirts have been consuming me. 

 Although, I still do find time in my busy life to try and hang out with my friends. All of us have been hanging out more at the pizza place with the karaoke system. The owners know our group so well, that whenever we go there, they give us a pizza for free since we are constantly ordering food. It's kind of relieving to get out of my stuffy dorm room and laugh with my friends. 

But otherwise, nothing exciting has happened since Eren and I went out and took pictures together. I'm just sitting in my dorm room, studying for my Intro Psych class, when my ringtone on my phone starts to play the song "Carry On Wayward Son." It's Eren's ringtone, since sometimes all he talks about is the TV show Supernatural. It's kinda crazy how much the boy can rant about that show for hours on end. 

I pick up the phone, and I'm greeted with silence on the other end. "Hello? Eren?" I say into the phone. "Oh there you are Armin! Sorry, my phone is being a piece of shit right now. But anyways, do you mind if you meet me in the library, I'm having some trouble understanding some science theories, and it would be great if you helped me." Eren said sweetly. He did this sometimes, he would call me in the middle of the night, and ask very sweetly for some help on homework. Truthfully, he didn't really have to put on the sweet talk because I would have helped him regardless, but it was amusing hearing him talk like that. "Yeah, I will be down in a few minutes." I replied into the phone. "Great! See you soon!" Eren said, then the phone went dead. 

I walked over to my closet and grabbed my winter coat, scarf, beanie, and winter boots . It had finally started to snow, so my skateboard was begrudgingly hanging on my little post on the wall. I walked out the door with my backpack in hand, and started the cold walk to the library. When I got into the building, Eren was the only one sitting at one of the tables. He waved over at me to get my attention, I waved back. I took a seat right next to the brunette. "Thank you so much for coming here so suddenly Armin. You're the best." Eren said. A pink flush was splayed all over my cheeks, "Oh, it's nothing, if it helps you in your classes, then it's worth it." I replied quietly. As much as I hate having to walk in the cold for these little study sessions, they do give me an excuse to be with Eren. Most of the time, I teach him the certain theories or problems, and then he tries to solve them, and while he does that, I am able to steal glances from him. It's cute whenever he starts to concentrate. His eyebrows get all scrunched up and he bites his bottom lip whenever he gets confused. Truthfully though, it's just nice to be able to spend more time with him. His warmth wraps up around me in this cold library. 

After he is done with all of the problems, I check them over to make sure he fully understands them. Then we just sit in silence for a few minutes, taking in the endless rows of bookshelves. "So, you excited for Christmas?" Eren finally asks. I stare up into his emerald eyes, which have a blueish tint to them in the lighting right now. "Uh, yeah I guess. I don't know, I've never really had a Christmas where I've been able to hang out with friends before so, it will be different." I replied quietly. I could feel Eren's eyes staring at me, so I looked back at him. "Are you okay, Eren?" I asked the boy. He stayed silent for a few more seconds until he said "I wish I could have been there for you. You were all alone, and I couldn't protect you. I'm so sorry." Eren put his face on the mahogany table. I leaned down to look at him in the eyes. "Eren, hey, none of that is your fault. You couldn't have done anything to stop all of the horrible things that happened in high school. Yeah sure, I was alone in school, and yes, I was very depressed, but you're here now. That's all that matters, you are here now. We're together, we are here for each other. Listen, you are the best friend that I wished for every night in high school. I couldn't ask for anything more than for you just to be here with me. I learned from all of those horrible experiences in school, and now I am a better person. Just listen to me Eren." I looked directly into his shimmering eyes. "I'm not alone anymore, and it's thanks to you." I said. Eren's eyes grew larger, and his cheeks flushed pink. "You really mean that?" Eren asked. I chuckled at his comment. "Yes Eren, I really do mean it." I nodded.