Chapter 12

A/N-Wow, almost 900 views?! This is truly amazing you guys! This chapter will probably be more of a filler chapter, but the good stuff is coming. Thank you for everybody who has been reading, and don't worry, I have some pretty good ideas for the rest of this story ;) so as always, Happy Reading!-Zenovia

Armin's POV

Chapter 12

Christmas is one of the most stressful times of the year. Don't get me wrong, I do like Christmas, but the anxiety of trying to figure out what to get all of your friends for the special holiday, is like trying to deactivate a bomb. One wrong move, and everything gets blown back into your face. Not to mention, that all of the Christmas carols get exceedingly annoying after listening to them in department stores for hours on end. 

Although, being able to cross off all of the days until Christmas break is pretty relieving. I have started some of my finals, and I'm almost done with my Creative Writing final. Other than tests, my days have been dragging out. All of my friends have decided that before we all go back home for the holiday's, we should do a massive gift exchange. All of us; including Mikasa, will all meet up at Jean and Marco's to have the get together. Picking out gifts for all of my friends has been the death of me. Standing in line at department stores is bad enough with my social anxiety, but throw in the stress of getting the perfect gifts for everybody, well then just put me in a coffin right now. 

Eren keeps telling me that I don't have to get him anything special for Christmas, but he is the one person that I want to buy the perfect gift for. I tried looking at some guitars, since I remember him saying that he wanted one a few weeks ago, but most of the guitars that I looked at would've made me broke for months. I tried to ask Mikasa for help on what to get Eren, but she said that she usually just gets him some type of gift card and a sweater. I was stuck. "What the hell am I going to do?" I questioned myself. He's probably gotten me something amazing, and all I can do is lay on my bed, trying to tune out all of my thoughts with music. 

I instantly sat up in my bed. "Why didn't I think of this before?" I said out loud to myself. I rushed over to my closet and grabbed my winter coat. I pulled out my phone and sent a quick text to Annie. I remembered that she had told me at the bonfire that she was also a music major with Eren.

To Annie: Hey Annie! It's Armin. Do you happen to have a keyboard or guitar in your dorm? 

I started to walk out of my door, as I was anxiously waiting for a reply from Annie, when I felt a vibration from inside my jean pocket.

From Annie: Um yeah, I have a keyboard in my room. Why do you ask?

I quickly typed back a reply.

To Annie: Uhh...it will be easier to explain if I just talk to you in person. Are you in your room right now?

From Annie: Yeah, I'll get the keyboard setup. 

To Annie: Thank you so much! See you soon!

I locked my phone, and walked over to Annie's dorm room. I rapidly knocked on the beige door. I was greeted with the blonde girl, wearing a white baggy sweatshirt. Annie motioned for me to come into her room. "Okay Armin, what's gotten into you? You're not the spontaneous type, so spill." Annie placed a hand on her hip. I quickly tried to explain my sudden idea. I looked into her cyan eyes, and pleaded with her to help me. She then sighed out in exasperation, "Fine, I'll help you. It may take longer than you think to do this though." She said doubtfully. "As long as it's done by Christmas, that's all the time I need." I said to Annie. 

We went to work immediately; figuring out key signatures and rhythms until our eyes were strained. There was crumpled up sheet music all over Annie's dorm, but after hours of hard work, we had a start to my insane idea. "Are you sure that this is what you want?" Annie asked me for the hundredth time that day. "I think so. God, I just hope Eren likes it." I said nervously. Truthfully, Eren was either going to love or hate the idea that I had for his Christmas present. "I think he will. It's really from the heart Armin, and Eren adores all of that mushy stuff. Stop worrying, everything will be fine." Annie assured me.