Chapter 8

A/N-Over 400 views? I am so thankful for all of you guys!! I really can't believe that it has only been three weeks and so many people have read it! So please keep reading and commenting so that I know you guys are enjoying the story! Happy Reading!-Zenovia

Armin's POV

Chapter 8

Classes were starting to take a toll on my sanity. All of my teachers were starting to crack down on homework and essays, since the end of the semester was approaching exceedingly fast. I was keeping up in most of my classes, but I was pulling a C in the class that mattered most to me, Creative Writing. 

"Why the hell are you getting a C?" Eren asked me one day. "I don't know. I am trying my hardest in her class, but on each assignment she always writes on my paper 'Look deeper' and I try to, but I can't seem to look deep enough for her liking." I huffed out. Eren started to squint his eyes a little bit, that's when I knew that he was thinking of something. 

"Why don't you go talk to her?" He said after a few minutes. I actually had never asked what she did mean by 'Look deeper' so I guess it wouldn't kill to question her about it. "Alright, I'll ask her tomorrow after her class." I said confidently. But as the bell rang to tell the students that class was over for the next day, I didn't feel confident anymore. It was actually kind of silly to be this scared of asking my professor a simple question because she was probably the nicest teacher on campus. She had strawberry blonde hair, and was on the short side, but she was very kind. We all called her Professor Petra.

I started to walk slowly to her huge desk. She was sorting through all of her papers so she didn't even notice that I was standing there, until I faked coughed. "Oh! Goodness Armin, you startled me." She squeaked out. "Sorry Professor Petra. Um I was wondering if I could ask you something about the grading on my papers recently." I said. "Of course! What are you inquiring about them?" She asked. "Well, on my most recent papers, you've been writing the statement 'Look deeper' and I'm not entirely sure what that's supposed to mean." I stuttered. She stared at me for a few seconds and then said "I knew you would ask me about that. Listen Armin, you are probably one of the most well written sophomores I have seen in a long while." She said. "Thank you." I said puzzled. "If she thought all of that, then why is she giving me C's on most of my papers?"  I thought. Petra continued, "With that being said, I think you are writing for the wrong reasons. You haven't found your touch yet. I think that you are writing to impress others around you. You are scared to write what you actually think, so you hold back. You skim the surface of what you actually want to put on paper. Mr. Arlert, I have been teaching for some time now, and I know that you can do exceptional things later in life with your talent, but you need to write what you think. Don't be afraid of what I will think, or what others will think. You need to look deep within yourself and think of what means the most to you. What are your fears? Your hopes? Your dreams? Armin, I will say this to you and to you only because I think you will understand what I mean." She looked at me with her big hazel eyes and said "Write like you have no words to speak."

As I was walking back to my dorm from my Creative Writing class, Professor Petra's words kept replaying in the back of my mind. "Write like you have no words to speak." "What the fuck was that suppose to mean?" I thought. I kept trying to understand her riddle, but I keep coming to dead ends in my mind. Now I really wasn't going to pass the final at the end of the semester. 

I pulled my fall coat closer to my chest. It was getting colder with each passing day, which means that I have to get in as much skating time as I can before it starts to snow. Eren has said that he would walk me to my classes during the winter so that I wouldn't be alone, after I told him that I wouldn't be able to skate anywhere anymore. Eren really is an exceptional friend. But he is more than a friend to me. I keep having dreams of him kissing me over and over again until a wake up, sweating all over. Sometimes I can't believe that I've actually fallen for the Emerald Eyed boy, in only a matter of a few months. Although, those months seem like years to me. Time seems to slow down every moment I'm with him. I chuckle to myself at the realization of a few things.