Chapter 26

A/N-Hey guys. I know I have a lot of explaining to do. First I would like to say thank you all so much for continuing to read and comment on this story. It's been such a wonderful journey and I couldn't ask for more loyal readers. Secondly, I went on hiatus because I started my senior year and things picked up from the beginning. I didn't expect it to be so hectic, but here I am, literally like 8 months late. I'm figuring out a lot of college things and all my high school activities are starting to draw to a close as well, so I'm hoping that the last few chapters will come much sooner than this one. I'm so sorry that I left you guys waiting and I hope to not do that again, you guys don't deserve to wait that long. Thirdly, there will probably only be two other chapters after this one, so the story is almost to a close, but man has it been a wonderful ride. Once again, thank you all so much for all of the support and love for this story. I couldn't ask for more perfect readers. So without any more waiting. Here's chapter 26! Happy Reading! -Zenovia

Armin's POV

Chapter 26

Amy Winehouse once coined the phrase, "There is no point in saying anything but the truth."

It sounds easy enough. Just breathe in and let the words flow right out of you, but the thing about the truth is, once you relinquish the words that've been hiding in your heart and mind, you can never take it back.

So we sit in silence.

His hand is still on mine from when I pulled him into bed with me. The cords that connect to my body are shoved to the side so that Eren can wrap me in his arms. He's warm, and I can hear his heartbeat against my ear. It's as if we've gone backwards in time. If I close my eyes, I can see us laying on a blanket with a Christmas tree behind us. He's smiling, and I'm smiling, and everything seems okay.

But when I open my eyes, all I can see is the white ceiling above me.

I turn my head and look out of the window, the sun is still rising high in the sky. The clouds have changed their white fluffy color to a cool morning pink and blue. I'm so entranced by the sky that I almost miss the hoarse voice that speaks next to me.

"I'm sorry."

I keep my eyes on the clouds. My body feels as if it's turned to stone. I can tell just by his voice that he's been crying.

His voice shakes my entire being, he sounds broken. Like I was, like I am.

However, maybe that's a step in life that we all have to take. Maybe being broken is a way of showing that you can be reborn. Reborn, into something greater than what was before life got messy. It goes to show just how strong a person can be, so maybe, we all need to be broken. Maybe, we were all broken to begin with.

I sit in the bed and try to think of the words to say to him. I've always been good with words, they've always flowed so easily for me. There wasn't a doubt in my life of how I could phrase things to make others feel better. Whether that was coming from my own mouth, or my thoughts written down onto a piece of paper, I always seemed to know what I wanted to say, and when to say it.

Life however, has a different way of shaping things. One instance, one little thing can set you off and send you tumbling down a rabbit hole that leads you to your own fears, and dreams.

Eren was both my fears, and dreams.

For so long, I put him on this pedestal, thinking that he was the answer to all of my questions, that he was everything I needed in life, and as long as I had him, everything would be okay.

That was my downfall though, that was when I stumbled...no...fell down into my own rabbit hole of depression and anxiety that I couldn't climb out of.