Epilogue

I can't begin to explain how much this year has changed me as a person. It seems like so long ago that I stepped on the train towards an upcoming adventure filled with laughs, tears, and everything in between. And if I had the option to go back, I wouldn't hesitate hopping on that ride.

I have no idea what's in store for the future, but I know that it'll be something worth writing. It'll be something that make the whole room swirl in different colors and emotions until I fall to the ground of dizziness. It'll be something amazing.

So much has happened in the time from when this whole story began. I have friends, I've surpassed obstacles I didn't think I could handle, and I've found a true love. The love that makes your heart pound and your whole world is turned upside down just for them.

I glance at my reflection in the lake. The ripples of the water stretch out until I can no longer see them. Everything is the way it's meant to be.

A figure comes and sits next to me. It's quiet and tranquil here, nobody can disturb us. This moment should last forever. I want to put it in a picture frame so that I never forget this story.

Nothing about our love story has been normal, we've gone through hell and back together, but luckily, we ended up right where we should be.

I look over at him, and he is so beautiful. His eyes relay to me how much we've been through together, and I couldn't ask for anything better. The way his eyes gleam, the dimples when he smiles, and the love that he shows me is the most beautiful thing about him.

He soon stands up and makes his way back to the house, but before he does, he glances back at me.

"You coming?"

I glance back at the lake and all its wonders. My hands reach inside my pockets, and I feel something deep inside. I pull out a yellow piece of paper and unfold it. Cursive handwriting fills the page with a beautiful quote that I've easily memorized.

I stand up and glance at it one last time before tossing it out into the lake. I don't need it anymore.

"To love is to be vulnerable."

And god, I'm ready to be vulnerable with him.

The End.