Foodie

Info - foodie reader

Timmy and I were going on a group date. Our relationship was new and so far he'd taken me on very original dates. Stargazing in a flower field, a boat ride on a lake (I didn't even know he had a boat driving license), and horseback riding during golden hour while we took pictures and asked twenty questions. However, this date would be typical. A group date with some friends to a restaurant. I wasn't opposed in the least. I knew all the best places to eat, being the foodie that I was, and I'd arranged this.

"You seem really exited," Timothée chuckled.

"This place is amazing!" I said happily. I was grinning and swinging our hands between us. We all crowded in a huge booth. Automatically I was suggesting things for my friends and Timothée. He looked surprised, I guess he didn't know this side of me.

"You um you really know your stuff don't you?" Timothée asked.

"I pride myself on it," I nodded. We joined in friendly conversation. However, then the food came and I lost all focus on anything else.

"I can't wait!" I said. I dug into the food. I'd gotten fried alligator nuggets, a large cob salad, and octopus soup. I was eating happily, when I felt eyes on me. I looked up to see Timothée staring, and it almost looked fond.

"Yes?" I asked.

"It's just so nice to see. I've seen a lot of girl pick at their food around me when I know they don't want to. I've had girls brag about how few calories they consume as if that's what I want to know. You're refreshing," he admitted.

"Well thank you," I smiled.

"Yeah," my friend Cassie giggled. "She's always been like this. You won't find any rice cakes or tiny salads on y/n's plate."

"Unless they're drizzled in some exotic sauce no one has ever heard of," my other friend Jamel piped up.

"What, I'm a New Yorker! I like my food," I defended myself.

"And it's lovely," Timothée said and kissed my cheek.