Chapter 10: Sophie

I couldn't deal with this. I was finally happy and of course something has to ruin my happiness.

It broke my heart to see Keefe hurt by his best friend. By one of my best friends. Even his own sister stood with us for what Fitz did.

I knew Elwin would fix Keefe. I've had worse and he fixed me. So why am I worrying so much?

Anyways Biana and I leaped to Havenfield. My best friend knew me well enough to know that I couldn't have a lot of company right now. And I felt kind of bad that Linh didn't come but I can't be in a room with more than two people.

As soon as we walked in I found a note on the table.

We are on a mission for the council for two weeks. Don't get hurt Sophie. We miss you.

Love
Your parents, Grady and Edaline

P.S. we left you some mallowmelt. It's on the counter.

I ran for the counter and grabbed the whole trey of the gooey cake and Biana and I ran for my room.

Biana and I were already dressed for bed so we just ate and talked about things besides Keefe and what happened.

After we got brushed our teeth and went straight to bed.

The nightmares were waiting for me.

I saw Keefe on the floor tied up by Neverseen members and I was held in a death grip by one of the members.

Keefe kept his eyes on me and I watched the Neverseen member torture him. They beat him, electrocuted him, drowned him, every way you can imagine.

I cried and begged them to stop but they kept going and going. I even felt myself shaking and tears roll down my face, when I realized that it wasn't just in the dream. It was in real life.

My eyes snapped open and I saw Biana sitting next to me already dressed.

"Are you okay?" She asked sounding concerned.

I nodded but I felt a new wave of tears fall down. "Nightmares."

She sighed, but then she smirked "I know exactly how to cheer you up."

She tickled and I instantly felt my tears go away and my mood lighten. But I couldn't tell if it was because I was laughing so hard or because I was happy that I had such a great friend.

Finally she stopped "Now I definitely know how to fix you when your sad."

I sighed, still trying to catch my breath "Thanks. I needed that."

"That's what I'm here for. Now let's go. You woke me up like 20 minutes ago and it's only 7:00 but I'm sure Keefe is awake." She said.

I felt my smile widen. And I got ready to see my boyfriend.