Chapter 14: Sophie

I woke up tied to a chair, and with a familiar ability dampener on my wrists.

I sighed and looked around the hideout and I was trapped in a dark grey room, lit by one lightbulb that hang from the ceiling. I wasn't even surprised that I was in this situation.

Finally the door opened and a teal eyed Fitz walked in, wearing a awful black cloak. And you know exactly which black cloak I am taking about.

"What's the occasion Fitz?" I sighed. I just wanted to be with Keefe. Why was that so hard to understand?

"You know nothing really. I just want to get back together with you." He replied.

I laughed until I realized he was being serious "No way. I'm happy with Keefe. Nothing could change that."

He sighed "Well you have to be with me. We are perfect for each other. We are cognates. You are respected by the council-"

I coughed "quite the opposite."

He rolled his eyes "we are cognates, and we look great together."

I rolled my eyes "You care to much about if I'm matchable or not. Fitz I'm happy with Keefe, and you hurt him. Why would I want to be with you if you hurt one of our friends."

He sighed and ran his hand down his face "Look Sophie, I'm trying to change. Please take me back because if you don't there are consequences."

"You should have changed when we were in a relationship. And how are you changing by joining the organization that is trying to kill me." I snapped.

He blushed but looked pained "I thought they could help me get to you. And they have. I'm sorry Sophie but I need you."

He leaned in and kissed me. There were no fireworks like with Keefe, no spark, nothing. Just ice cold lips that made me squirm away.

But he held my head in place. I was struggling to breath. I head butted him, my forehead exploding with pain.

Fitz stumbled back his nose was dripping blood, and he glared at me. "Your going to wish you got back with me." And he walked out the room.