Chapter 26:Keefe

I honestly feel like everyone is fighting someone they have had history with. Dex and Linh were fighting a Technopath from the Neverseen, Fitz was fighting with Ruy, and looked like he was losing. Biana was fighting Vespera, and Foster ran off fighting Getham and Fintan.

That concerned me.

And I was fighting my mother of the year, Gisela.

We clashed blades and had good hits on each other. She was a better fighter than she looked. She ended up grazing the back of my leg, my cheek, and my ankle, with her sword.

I got her waist, forearm, and around her knee. We both were fighting as best as we could. Finally she had me pinned down.

"I always had your side against your father." She started. "Now you gave me no choice to go against you, and I can't have you interfering with our plans anymore."

"So much for mother of the year." I mumbled.

She rolled her eyes and raised her sword above my chest. I thought about Foster and the life I wanted with her. All of her features. I couldn't die for her.

I kicked my mom off me, as she stumbled back in shock, a blade went through her stomach.

"NO!" I cried and ran to her.

I cradled her in my arms, tears rolling down my face. She was panting and held my hand.

"Keefe," she whispered, "I'm so sorry... for everything... I thought... I thought what I was doing was right.... But it wasn't... you and Sophie will look great together."

Her breaths slowed down, and her eye's dulled.

"Stay with me mom." I pleaded "Please don't go!"

She squeezed my hand "I love you Keefe."

Then her eyes lost its energy, and her chest stopped moving.

All the noise of battle stopped, as I held my moms chest to mine and sobbed. I felt someone hug me, then multiple arms where wrapped around my shoulders.

I glanced up to find all my friends with tears in their eyes, as they all comforted me.

I turned back to the corpse of my mother, and closed her dull eyes. I gave her a kiss on her forehead and whispered "I love you."

I rose to my feet, and faced all of my friends. Or so I thought. As I looked at my friends and all the bodies of the Neverseen and the Black Swan, I realized something was wrong.

I turned and faced all my friends "Where is Foster."