Chapter 21: Keefe

I agreed with Biana about ending the Neverseen and stuff, but all I wanted was to chill with Foster.

I realized school had just started, but Master Leto gave us a pass to skip today. I pulled out a tablet that Sophie gave me after we went to the Forbidden Cities, and pulled open the app or whatever that will allow me to see the cameras in Master Leto's room.

"Hey Foster," I whispered, trying not to interrupt the plan Biana, Bangs Boy, and Linh were making.

"What?" She whispered back.

"Look." I showed her the tablet, and right on time Master Leto came in.

We watched as he walked to his desk. He had a confused and mad expression on his face. Then he opened the drawer with the Muskog in it.

He screamed and stumbled backwards.

Foster and I burst out laughing, and all our friends looked at us confused/annoyed.

"LUMPY HAIR!" Ro called.

"Well that stuck." Foster whispered.

I snickered.

"DID YOU WATCH THE PRANK WITHOUT ME?!" She screeched.

Foster and I looked at each other and grinned.

"Maybe." Foster said.

We high-fived, trying hard not to hit her bandaged arms.

Ro glared at us.

I swallowed hard and Foster and I backed as far against the bed frame as we could.

Ro stormed out of the room.

"Care to explain?" Fitz asked, "And how did Sophie even know about this... prank?"

"I didn't." She said as I said "She helped me plan it."

But the glare that was sent by Dex and Bangs Boy made me spill everything.

"And you didn't think to share that with us." Bangs boy murmured, but was loud enough that the whole room heard.

I glared at him.

"Anyways..." Foster said, changing the topic. "Can we go over the plan again?"

Biana sighed. "We are going to have you and Keefe hang out outside of Candle Shade where the Neverseen will probably be watching. Then we are going to get the Black Swan and the collective and fight."

"Great plan. I like the fighting part." I said, earning an epic eye roll from Bangs Boy.

Bangs boy draped an arm around Biana's shoulders "I like the part where we use you as bait."

I couldn't think of a retort.

But Foster had my back "We are more useful than you are right now."

Bangs boys response was a eye roll.

"When will this plan of yours be happening?" Foster asked.

"Tomorrow at 3:00 p.m. sharp.