Chapter 29: Sophie

I woke up to salty air. And salty water in my mouth. I spat it out, and quickly jumped to my feet, crying out in pain as my leg hit the soft sand. It looks like I broke it. The sand burned my cuts and open wounds.

I'm on a beach?

I thought about that. How could I be on a beach? I thought I died. I looked around, and noticed the beach houses along the shore.

How am I in the Forbidden cities?

I sighed and crawled to to a piece of driftwood that made it on the sand. I used that as a crutch, and hobbled my way inland.

I walked past shops and streets that looked awfully familiar. It was around 5:00 A.M. I think because of the purple and orange sky's. I walked past a shop that was called San Diego Tourist Store.

No wonder that everything looked familiar. Trickles of blood rolled down from my nose and a gash on my eyebrow, that I guessed was formed when Fintan punched me.

Everything hurt, but I needed to get out of here. I remembered a forest. A forest that was about 2 miles away from the beach, with a cliff that all the couples would go and take pictures at.

Perfect!

I walked the familiar streets of my hometown, thankful that no one else was awake yet. I wondered if San Diego had a leaping crystals hidden in random objects, like how it was in Paris.

As I walked I replayed the entire fight. Once the Neverseen members charged at us, Keefe and I teamed up. I would inflict happiness making them laugh, while Keefe knocked them out. Until Gisela, Fintan, and Getham walked up to us.

Getham and Fintan decided to 'end me once and for all' while Gisela wanted to teach Keefe about what happens when you don't cooperate.

I ran away, leading Getham and Fintan away from Keefe. I stopped once I reached the cliffs and whipped out the sword I found on the ground along the way.

We were having a fair fight, I got clean hits on both of them, I grazed their arms, legs, waist, and faces. They did the same to me, but double the damage since there was two of them.

But it kinda got unfair when I got the wind knocked out of me when Getham hit me in the chest with the hilt of the sword.

After my friends came and watched me get destroyed. Then they watched me pull Fintan off the cliff when I fell.

He stabbed my thigh of my broken leg, and tried to get on top of me, so I get hit with all the impact when we fell. We fought and fought as we fell, but an idea formed in my head.

I kicked him off of me and went as far away as I could from him and tried levitating. I slowed my fall, allowing me to survive, but the pain, it felt like belly flopping onto cement floor.

I passed out in the water and woke up on this beach.

Finally I had managed to climb up the hiking trail and made it to the cliff. I dropped my stick/crutch, and sent a prayer to anyone who could help me right now.

This was for Keefe, and I would risk my life for him any day any time, and I jumped off the cliff.

For Keefe.