Chapter 27: Biana

This sucked. We had finally beat the Neverseen, but of course the victory is ruined when someone we cared about died.

Finally Keefe had gotten on good terms with his mom. She admitted that she cared for him, and that was enough for Keefe, and enough for all of us.

Once we let go of him he faced us, but his gaze was some where else.

"Where is Foster?" He asked.

We all paled, not realizing that Sophie was missing.

Everyone had gone silent, even the members of the collective who were treating their loved and wounded ones stopped.

Mr. Forkle walked over to us, with blood running from his shoulder, "Where is she?"

No one responded, and Keefe looked ready to collapse. I focused on the silence, and heard the sound of panting and swords clashing.

I ran toward the noise, followed by everyone else. We had just ran on the stone cliffs of Candle Shade that overlooked the ocean.

I heard what sounded like someone getting hit in the chest. I looked to my right and saw Sophie bloodied and bruised fighting Fintan and Getham who looked horrific.

Sophie was got pelted in the ribs with the hilt of Gethams sword. She stumbled back, and looked at us, her noise spewing blood, and a cut up face.

"Get out of here." She croaked to us. In her distraction she got punched across the face by Fintan.

All of us froze at the sight of this. Sophie was getting destroyed by them. Suddenly Keefe charged at Getham, with his sword raised high.

Getham turned around in shock, as Keefe's sword went through his stomach. He collapsed instantly.

Keefe then charged at Fintan, with a hall of Everblaze and threw it at Keefe, who was launched and hit a tree. He fell unconscious.

Sophie kicked out Fintans feet. He tumbled off the side of the cliff.

Sophie hobbled towards us, as we all ran to Keefe. But I saw something out of the corner of my eye.

Fintan climbed back up the cliff and charged at Sophie.

"Watch out!" I screamed.

Right as she turned around Fintan kicked out her right leg, bending it in an awkward position. Sophie screamed, and collapsed, as Fintan pushed her off the side of the cliff.

I was about to scream, when I saw two hands gripping the side of the cliff.

"Why won't you die." Fintan grumbled as he stomped on one of her hands. Sophie yelped in pain, as she dangled off the cliff, clutching it for dear life.

I started running over to them, followed by my friends.

"If I die," Sophie grunted "You die."

She gripped Fintan's foot and let go of the ledge, pulling Fintan off with her.

"NO!" We all screamed.

We all ran over to where they fell, and leaned over the cliff, where Sophie and Fintan were trying to climb on top of each other.

Sophie pushed off of Fintan, and was falling away from him.

Her voice suddenly filled my head: I love you guys.

As she disappeared into the water.