Chapter 23: Keefe

We leaped to Candle Shade, instantly getting flashbacks of my amazing childhood.

Foster seemed to sense how uncomfortable I was and tightly gripped my hand.

"Foster, can we make this trip fast?" I asked following the script. "I wanna get my journal from my room."

"Sure Keefe." She replied and messed up my hair. Now that wasn't in the script, but we had to make it like we suspected nothing.

"Did you just mess up the hair?" I asked, making sure what she did was real.

She turned to face me, a smirk growing on her face "I made it look better."

She made it worse.

She immediately let go of my hand, and took off towards the house.

I chased her, as she turned around making sure we were outside. Now we were kinda going off the script, but hey it's what I do.

She faced me, and as she was catching her breath, I tackled her to the ground.

We held eye contact for a minute, and I gazed into her beautiful brown eyes with her gold flecks shinning in amusement. But I wanted to have some more fun, so I starting tickling her.

She shrieked with laughter, and her giggles were so cute that I had to laugh.

"P-pl-please s-stop." She cried out between fits of laughter.

"Never." I replied, as I moved down her sides making her laugh even more.

She tried pushing my hands off her, but it was no use I was too strong. My fingers nimbly moved between her ribs, and she was laughing and smiling which made my heart melt.

She pretty much surrendered and stopped trying to fight back. Her hands lay above her head, but still she cried out laughing. So she was practically paralyzed waist up, so I decided to stop.

We locked eyes but this time I never wanted to look away. Her eyes were glassy, and her face was tinted pink. I listened to her soft breaths slow down. Slowly I moved my face closer to hers, to the point where there was a millimeter of space between our lips.

"I love you Sophie Foster." I whispered.

"I love you too Keefe Sencen." She whispered back, and filled the space between our lips.

I was finally happy. All my worries were gone when I was with Foster. She was gorgeous and I don't know how I could have won her over.

"You guys make me sick." A voice said.

We both looked up, not bothering to make an attempt to rise. We saw around 30 members of the Neverseen surrounding us.

I felt Foster shake slightly as she saw everyone. I sent her some calming emotions, and Slowly we rose to our feet and saw the ugly faces of Ruy, Getham, and Fintan.

Everyone else hid underneath the hood of their cloak.

"Give up and surrender," Getham called to us. "You can't fight back."

Suddenly we heard the sounds of footsteps coming from the woods. The Neverseen's grins intensified as they saw the blood drain from our faces.

About 20 more Neverseen members came out of the woods, each one of them holding one of our friends and the collective.

Instantly I knew that our plan failed, and that maybe we should just give up.

Suddenly Fosters voice filled my head.

Don't give up just yet. I have a plan.