Chapter 18: Sophie

When Fitz winked at me I sighed. First he doesn't approve me and Keefe being together, second he beats up Keefe, then he decides  to kidnap me and have me tortured. To make it worse he even joined the Neverseen. And now he wants to free me.

He seriously needs to think before he does things.

I looked down at my bleeding arms, and the now brown charred skin that looked like it was over cooked.

It hurt, but I chose to ignore it. I focused on Keefe. My wonderful, talented, and unique boyfriend. I missed him so much, but I was going to get out so I could get back to him.

Some how I managed to fall asleep, and I woke up to the cell door slam shut.

I snapped awake to find the Neverseen gang, consisting of Ruy, Fintan, Getham, and Fitz.

"What brand of torture do you have planned today?" I asked.

"You'll find out." Fintan said.

He walked over behind me and started to burn my shoulders. Tears formed in my eyes but I made sure to stay strong.

Sophie. Fitz's voice filled my head. I need you to make your barriers as strong as you can right now.

I glanced at Fitz who's teal eyes were sparkling in the dark room.

I couldn't believe I was trusting him right now but I strengthened my mental barriers as much as I could, when all the Neverseen members collapsed on the ground crying in pain.

Fitz ran over to me and quickly freed me of my binds. I rose to my feet and stumbled when my vision darkened.

Fitz grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the door. We turned through the dark hallways and had several Neverseen members chasing after us. But I took them down with my inflicting.

"What did you do to everyone back there?" I asked Fitz. It looked like he inflicted on everyone, but he can't be an inflicter.

"Getham taught me a really bad trick, where I transmit as loud as I can in someone's mind. That's why I told you to make your barrier extra strong." Fitz said, panting.

I was actually shocked at that. It was a smart idea, but something that should only be used at extreme situations.

Finally we reached a big iron door. Fitz frantically began to type things into a key pad, but the Neverseen members were already here.

"Give up Moonlark. You and the trader will have enough punishments to deal with." Fintan scoffed.

I shook my head and counted 25 Neverseen members behind us.

I took all the pain I was feeling in my arms and body and pushed it out.

The Neverseen all groaned in pain and collapsed on the floor. I was proud of the fact that I inflicted on 25 people.

Mr. Forkle and Keefe would be proud.

I felt my energy draining.

"Hurry up Fitz." I said, my voice straining.

"Almost there." He said.

I kept inflicting until I heard a click.

I turned around and saw Fitz open the door.

"Come on!" He called.

I ran to him, but I was so drained from the inflicting.

It was snowing outside and I was relieved that the cold soothed my burns. I

Fitz dragged me forward, and before I knew it we were falling off a cliff.

I focused the rest of my energy into the void, and thunder cracked as we fell into the soft grass of Everglen.