𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

↣ 𝘕𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳-𝘌𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘉𝘶𝘭𝘭𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘵

Kathleen listened as Mike discussed everything that had occurred over the past few days as she sat on the ground with her back against the fountain and her head resting on Robin's leg

Kathleen listened as Mike discussed everything that had occurred over the past few days as she sat on the ground with her back against the fountain and her head resting on Robin's leg. While mumbling under the pain in her leg, Robin stroked a finger over her long, golden/blue hair. She wasn't completely sure what was happening. but was prepared to fight whatever it took to protect her new friends and family. She couldn't think of anything else but the mind flyer and how it was melting individuals to enlarge itself.

"That's both horribly harsh and incredibly fascinating." The idea of being a part of that creature made Kathleen feel all kinds of sick.

As people began to disperse, and did their own thing. Before leaving to go get supper for the two of them, Robin gripped her hand once. Kathleen sat by herself and collected her thoughts as she was now by herself. With a first aid kit, Joyce Byers approached her, asking her something to which Kathleen nodded, "May I" before allowing her space as they sat on the floor together.

As Joyce began cleaning it, she extended her leg. "You know, I recall when your father and your uncle were students." As Joyce broke the silence, she brought up. Kathleen in surprise lifted her head.

''You knew them?'' she inquired. Joyce glanced up at her with a little smile and nodded.

"Mm, your father was very well what Steve was back in the day, every girl liked him but there was one girl he would only ever be interested in and that would be your mother" She spoke while pouring something upon her leg, somewhat hissing, but she was more interested in the tale.

''Was my mother as kind as my father would say?" She questioned.

Joyce wiped her leg's now-drying blood. '' I never met her, but from what I've seen and heard about her, you're practically just like her.'' Although Kathleen had seen pictures of her mom and heard tales from her father, hearing it from a different source warmed her heart.

''What was her uncle like '' Robin asked as she gave Kathleen a drink while she sat back on the fountain. She gave the girl a big smile.

''All I can say about that man is trouble. The way he treated his own wife and child, he deserved to be in prison.'' Joyce murmured. as she began to encircle her leg with the bandage.

In response, Kathleen nodded. They have a gun in case he shows up looking for Eddie, which is another good reason for having one. "All right, my sweetheart, that's all done.'' Joyce exclaimed, as she began to pack the first aid kit.